BlahCade 96: Bugs, Scores and leaderboards

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
http://blahcadepinball.com/2017/04/25/Episode-96-Bugs-Scores-and-leaderboards.html
We start the show by swapping tourney stories, including a bit of bush field repair on a Twilight Zone by Jared. Then we lead into a big chat about FarSight’s "Month of Bugfixes" and revisit the Leaderboard reset we talked about in the last episode. A Chris' Adventures in Pinball Ownership update follows with a somewhat daunting foray into the idea of clear-coating. Finally, we talk about what we have planned for our 100th episode, including another Magic Pixel (ASK Homework) AMA. Look for the survey link in the show timings, but be quick with asking your questions.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Bone Busters Inc: whole table tuning (flippers/ball weight) plus removal of waiting for multiball to start, less than a month.. no rest (which later was hit with a crossboard scoring issue, on PCs platform)
Big Hurt: eject hole issue, possibly fixed months later(Version 1.52.3 to 1.55.4? or 1.58.14?).. no reset
R911: double jackpot scoring, fixed months later.. no reset
etc... All of which any high score chaser would be fine with a reset.

They just don't have the history of doing it, ever**. They'll prune SOME reported scores while leaving others. They need some kind of 2FA* to post to boards instead of a 'post to board #' system.. which I'm speculating they have with all the table release shuffling between Stern, TPA and DWho Kickstarter.

I've stopped making the Top player list because the boards have been a joke and I refuse to make my macro of entry removals considerably longer to hide/fix the leaderboards issues that continues to grow by each passing day with all the crossboard posting.

*something like a metadata tag to match Hashes based on the tables name or something.
**on Sterns release they wiped their boards but left the mess on TPA.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts