PS4 Bug Fixes?

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
We've been "treated" to a nice big list of bug fixes in the latest newsletter... not just bugfixes but also enhancements. One catch though, and you're probably already know where this is going.... "PC (DX9/DX11), Mobile Updates General"
Yup. PC. Mobile.
Interesting stuff though. Whole list here: http://pinballarcade.com/eblast/bug_fix_april_2017.html
•Added 17 new challenges for seasons 2 - 6.
•Added the Reset Highscores button to the local highscores screen.
•Added high resolution backglasses for many tables.
•Replaced several generic sounds used on older tables.

No idea why the PS4 is left out (or the XB1).

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
The PS4 gets no love. :(

All I really want is for the tables to look as good as they did last year. The lighting is severely broken on all of the tables.
They look like they have been unplugged when you play in a dark room and the ball is still nearly impossible to see when the room is dark.
There was promise of an update, but that was months ago and still nothing.

I really think more people would buy the PS4 version of TPA if they were to start upgrading the tables so they were close to being as good as the PC versions.

AnimeDude892

Dec 27, 2016
The PS4 gets no love. :(

All I really want is for the tables to look as good as they did last year. The lighting is severely broken on all of the tables.
They look like they have been unplugged when you play in a dark room and the ball is still nearly impossible to see when the room is dark.
There was promise of an update, but that was months ago and still nothing.

I really think more people would buy the PS4 version of TPA if they were to start upgrading the tables so they were close to being as good as the PC versions.

The tables on the consoles took so much work, so that's why the consoles are taking too long. Plus they are busy. So leave them alone and give them time.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
The tables on the consoles took so much work, so that's why the consoles are taking too long. Plus they are busy. So leave them alone and give them time.

Settle down... No one is attacking them.

You're new here so you may want to read some posts from the last few years and get caught up on how things have been with The PS4 version of TPA and how it always takes a back seat to every other platform, except perhaps The Xbox versions.

The console versions came out BEFORE the PC, Android, iOS, Mac versions and assets are shared between all platforms.

All many of us PS4 owners want are the tables to have the lighting fixed back to what it used to be. I imagine this was fixed months ago, but they tend to hold off on updating the PS4 version until a new table is added, unless it's an issue where people are unable to buy tables, in which case it's updated within the hour.

Rage

Apr 25, 2017
Agreed, spoonman! I'm thinking about maybe trying PC. Farsight needs to get with it! Charge extra if you have too! I'll pay 59.99 per season for monthly updates. It's about the only thing I play.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Seeing as current consoles are just closed-ended PC's themselves, I don't understand the holdup. An actual PC can can vary in a multitude of configurations, yet they are fairly quick with releases on them. But a console is only one configuration (OK two, considering PS4 Pro) to make it work on. The excuses for the delays just don't wash.

Rage

Apr 25, 2017
PSN charges them more than they want to pay so they only do it when they release new tables.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
PSN charges them more than they want to pay so they only do it when they release new tables.

This. And it's not like $100. It sounds like a pretty archaic process as well.

I just started playing on PS4 after years of playing on the Vita.....PS4 is much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
Settle down... No one is attacking them.

You're new here so you may want to read some posts from the last few years and get caught up on how things have been with The PS4 version of TPA and how it always takes a back seat to every other platform, except perhaps The Xbox versions.

What are you talking about. Those friends leaderboards are working great!! Oh wait. We still don't have those on the PS4, even though Farsight has been telling us for almost 3.5 years now that it's coming soon in one of the upcoming updates. At least they put those in Stern..., uh nope, not there either. That's right, it's Zen Pinball that constantly updates me when I'm about to beat a friend's score. Someday, maybe. Someday.

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
True, but they still have to go through a lengthy certification process every time.

That part is true. It does take a long time. I've seen that "charging for patches on consoles" excuse thrown around a lot. Seeing that a lot of other indie titles, such as Rocket League, get frequent patches, it's unfortunate that the same doesn't happen with TPA. It seems like Farsight is stuck in that old pattern of the previous generation when Sony and Microsoft did charge for patches on the PS3/360 and they're still only doing updates with table releases, which is about twice a year on the PS4/Xbox1. It's just poor customer service.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Been away from the game about 2 years due to the lack of updates polish and promised content... Sounds like the same old Farsight. :( Sad

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
I don't think that cert process exists anymore. Other indie devs can get their patches out within the same week they submit. The Siralim dev can get his patch out within a day or two.

This lengthy cert process claimed by people on this forum and Farsight is a bunch of hogwash. The dev I mentioned can upload his patches to PS4 whenever without much of any hold up from Sony. Farsight just doesn't give a crap about the PS4 version. They have the capability to patch and release content on PS4 whenever the hell they want, they just don't care enough to do so.

psykil

Nov 8, 2016
I don't think that cert process exists anymore. Other indie devs can get their patches out within the same week they submit. The Siralim dev can get his patch out within a day or two.

This lengthy cert process claimed by people on this forum and Farsight is a bunch of hogwash. The dev I mentioned can upload his patches to PS4 whenever without much of any hold up from Sony. Farsight just doesn't give a crap about the PS4 version. They have the capability to patch and release content on PS4 whenever the hell they want, they just don't care enough to do so.

If you say so man. You seem to be an expert with indisputable internet evidence. Which way to the pitchforks?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.