Round 3: Vote on Your Questions for Bobby King (Pick 5)

Please PICK FIVE Questions

• When will we be able to play our own music in the background on each device?

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Any plans to add ambient arcade noises? (other machines playing in the background, etc.)

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Plans for a single-player tournament mode (no extra balls, seperate leaderboard, etc.)

Votes: 24 22.4%
  • How long is the total process of producing a table? Can you walk us through the phases?

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • How do obvious bugs like the flipper gap on MM make it through? When will this be fixed?

Votes: 42 39.3%
  • Vita: portrait mode with stick nudging?

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Will TZ be in a standard 2 pack or will it be sold separately?

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • What's the status on 2p simultaneous mode?

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • When will the online Tournament and Challenge function be added?

Votes: 32 29.9%
  • Status of older SS emulation? Will these current tables such as BH be updated with emulatiion?

Votes: 28 26.2%
  • Will FS be attending PAPA this year?

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Any news on an updated fix for the sensitivity of the plunger control for skill shots?

Votes: 19 17.8%
  • How is the sound endcoded? Can the mechanical sounds be mixed in stereo?

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • How do you decide what to set as standard and wizard goals?

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • Is it possible to produce a table without a specific ancillary license? (Whited out face)

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • Any information on the PC and its release date?

Votes: 36 33.6%
  • Would you consider adding extra wizard goals to keep the old tables interesting later on?

• Option to purchase tables individually on consoles, or get a bulk discount on mobile?

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Why didn't you wait till the older SS tables were fully emulated before release?

• Would you ever comission a new table design from a classic designer exclusively for TPA??

Votes: 36 33.6%
  • Would you consider the tables in TPA to be easier than their real life counterparts?

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • Will we ever be able to record and upload gameplay videos?

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • How many employees are allocated to each department? (PR, Xbox, etc.)

Votes: 12 11.2%
  • Have you ever considered recreating slot machines?

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Would you consider releasing tables every other month to make console submission easier?

• Would you consider creating a customizable arcade room? As unlockables or DLC?

Votes: 14 13.1%
  • Any plans to improve nudging on touchscreen devices?

Votes: 21 19.6%
  • Potrait mode on consoles?

Votes: 14 13.1%
  • Options to adjust physical options on the tables, such as the outlane posts, playfield pitch, etc.?

Votes: 26 24.3%
  • When do you plan to redesign the menus?

Votes: 20 18.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It's time to vote on which questions will be selected for the next round of the Forum Interview with Bobby King from Farsight! Please select 3 Questions from the poll. Bobby will answer the top 5 questions when he gets time.

I picked 30 random questions (with a few carryover questions from the last poll...and actually there were a few extra spots this time, so I added a few questions at the end based on other recent topics of concern), and some questions were either combined or condensed to save space in the poll (the forum only allows so many characters per question, so the questions will most likely be expanded when they are presented to Bobby).

If your question didn't get picked this time around, or it doesn't get voted in, don't worry because this will be a reoccurring event, so you can always resubmit your question for the next round. Some people submitted multiple questions, but there is only space for 30 questions so I couldn't include every single question, but I tried to get at least one question from everyone who submitted.

Thanks again for submitting your questions, and to HOW (Andy) for the idea, and another big thank you to Bobby for graciously agreeing to take part.

Sorry for the delay in getting the poll ready. I've had a very busy summer, so thank you for your patience!

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Please pick 5 Questions this time instead of 3. Thanks!

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
My votes are in as well...some very interesting questions this time.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I think the touchscreen question should be more specific. The touch nudge already works as it should. It works consistantly and is sensitive enough to work very well. The question that should be asked, is if the shake and slide nudge features will be fixed. I think another good question is whether or not forward nudge will be added to the android and iOS versions.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
I think the touchscreen question should be more specific. The touch nudge already works as it should. It works consistantly and is sensitive enough to work very well. The question that should be asked, is if the shake and slide nudge features will be fixed. I think another good question is whether or not forward nudge will be added to the android and iOS versions.

I voted for the Nudge question-But Brian is 100% correct it needs broadening.
Nudging is an essential facet of the game-We need to know...
Also who REALLY cares about TZ twin-pack Y/N as most will get the KS freebie :)

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
QuHkR.jpg

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

I voted for the Nudge question-But Brian is 100% correct it needs broadening.
Nudging is an essential facet of the game-We need to know...
Also who REALLY cares about TZ twin-pack Y/N as most will get the KS freebie :)

Don't worry....I already plan to expand/broaden that question if it makes the cut (it was actually my own question :) ). The poll has a character limit for each question, but for now I'll change it from "touchscreen nudging" to "nudging on touchscreen devices".

And agreed about the TZ question, but I just put in what you guys give me....

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
The "walk it through the process" question is popular, even though it's a total waste. They released a 15 minute video showing each step, and as if that's not enough, they released another video demonstrating the process with the STTNG kickstarter announcement. You're not going to get any more info than that.

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
The PC release date and the original table questions have a comfortable lead, but there are many contenders for the final three spots.

Animator_pin_fan

Mar 4, 2012
The PC question is really kinda vague too. Wouldn't it have been better to ask a more specific question, like will it have support for advanced graphics cards?
And if the PC version is likely to support extra high res textures- beyond HD. I know we all want cabinet support too, but that has already been asked before. However, I'm more curious just how advanced the graphics will be on PC when it's eventually released. Anyhow just my suggestions. Hopefully the PC version will be out before we can vote for a round 4 of questions.

Last edited:

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Tried to keep my votes to questions that effect all versions, although the only thing I really worry about is the emulation of pre-1990 systems.

Strikes me that the PC version has such a separate set of requirements to the others that it needs to be developed with the help of the community to help differentiate it from Visual Pinball. The other platforms don't really have any competition from anything similar.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Three wasted questions are going to win: 1. As said earlier, they have a video detailing the process. The time it takes can be calculated by looking at when they acquired the TZ license, and when the finished table is expected to be released. You don't need to waste a question to figure that out.
2. When FS has made significant progress, or established a date on the PC version, they will let you know.
3. With so many existing tables yet to be done, why do so many want to see original tables made? It's number 1 by a comfortable margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts