Request Room Decorations (unlockable or options)

Patrick McBride

Feb 20, 2012
I'm not a big fan of the background on the mobile versions (the space-themed carpet and the blue wall)... I get it, it's a retro arcade setting, but I still think it's rather ugly :p In some of the videos farsight has put out (on the 360 I believe) there is a different background... what looks like a wooden floor.

Anyways, what I think would be awesome would be if there were different floors, walls, and maybe even wall decorations to choose from. You could customize your pinball room to your liking! There could be posters for different pinball tables and maybe even pinball cabinets you could place on either side of the current table so it looks like you're not playing a lone table in a big empty room.

These could simply be options available to everyone from the get-go, or they could be unlockable for achieving certain scores or meeting the table goals. For example, you achieve all the goals for a table, then that table cabinet is unlocked for placement in the room. Just some fun ideas I had that might not be that hard to implement once the game is out for all platforms and they have a little more time to breath!

Danzig

Mar 1, 2012
I personaly love the arcade setting that Farsight had in both the Pinball Hall of Fame Williams and Gottlieb collections. I hope they will continue with something like that for the consoles and PC releases, however it would me MOST AWESOME if they let us decorate the arcade as we wish. Such as placement of the machines and other stuff. Xbox Lives "Game Room" has those types of options, in Game Room you can pick where you want your machines, purchase and place other items like gumball machines, popcorn, decorations, and etc.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Great thoughts, guys. I really hope they do add something like this. It will make the whole experience even more immersive, plus unlockables are always addicting, so it'll give us one more reason to keep coming back.

N

Nik Barbour

Don't know if they could simulate "sticky" with "a faintly odd whiff". That's how I remember the carpet in our local arcade before they pulled it down to build yet another shopping centre!

Patrick McBride

Feb 20, 2012
I personaly love the arcade setting that Farsight had in both the Pinball Hall of Fame Williams and Gottlieb collections. I hope they will continue with something like that for the consoles and PC releases, however it would me MOST AWESOME if they let us decorate the arcade as we wish. Such as placement of the machines and other stuff. Xbox Lives "Game Room" has those types of options, in Game Room you can pick where you want your machines, purchase and place other items like gumball machines, popcorn, decorations, and etc.

I actually liked the arcade setting in the previous Farsight games as well... of course it could have been done a bit better, but it was nice to have an actual ARCADE to walk around in and find the games. It would be really awesome if they did something similar to that with Pinball Arcade, but of course they would have to add to it as they went, thus creating more work for them that isn't necessarily pinball related.

Imagine starting out with a small arcade with the original launch tables in it, then as they make & release more tables, they can add on more rooms or make it bigger and put those tables in. Everyone would have all the tables in their arcade since you can demo them even if you don't own them. Well, I doubt they'll actually do this... but who knows!

HeYjOe

Feb 20, 2012
yep, the option to place tables where you want 'em would be great, especially once the collection grows over the year.

In Pinball Hall of Fame it always kinda annoyed me having to scroll past tables that were unplayable, only a small annoyance but it still bugs me.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
This would be a nice addition later on, but I'd much rather have FarSight focus on the actual tables themselves. I'm more inclined to having the opportunity to download and play fully featured tables, especially since we only have four to play at the moment.

N

Nik Barbour

I agree with PiN WiZ personally, more tables first.
I'd also prefer customisable playfield options first (different flipper rubbers / coef of fric changes) before scenery changes.
All good ideas though!

HeYjOe

Feb 20, 2012
I should imagine there'll be various people at Farsight working on separate sections of the game ie tables, menus,cabinets, etc. Always think tidying up all aspects shows in a finished game and aids success/take-up.

Tad off topic here but my other passion is MotoGP and the number of times developers have shone in certain areas only to be lax in other parts, missing the window of opportunity for success.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I should imagine there'll be various people at Farsight working on separate sections of the game ie tables, menus,cabinets, etc. Always think tidying up all aspects shows in a finished game and aids success/take-up.

Tad off topic here but my other passion is MotoGP and the number of times developers have shone in certain areas only to be lax in other parts, missing the window of opportunity for success.

It's not as easy as telling one or two people to go work on a certain part of the game. Doing something to the extent of making a gameroom would involve pulling programmers, graphic designers and others away from working on tables. I wouldn't mind seeing a gameroom in the future, but for now, I'd rather FarSight use all resources available to work on tables so that dlc is released on time.

HeYjOe

Feb 20, 2012
Yep PiN I agree the tables have got to be the first & foremost important part, especially as early adopters will be eager for more. No doubt they'll be aware of enhancements suggested plus have a few of their own in the pipeline.

Hope this forum can aid development as Farsights take on things is the best I've ever experienced. Went back on Pinball FX to make a comparison and to me this game beats it hands down.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Think it's time for a bump, have Farsight acknowledged we may want want something other then carpet, seen lots of requests for it but so far no feedback so far?

silverjaguar7

Sep 26, 2012
This would be a nice addition later on, but I'd much rather have FarSight focus on the actual tables themselves. I'm more inclined to having the opportunity to download and play fully featured tables, especially since we only have four to play at the moment.

completely agree, it would take a ton of time / code / maintenance to add little things here and there or a fleshed out environment. i would prefer that time / money / code go to improving tables, adding tables.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
It's not as easy as telling one or two people to go work on a certain part of the game. Doing something to the extent of making a gameroom would involve pulling programmers, graphic designers and others away from working on tables. I wouldn't mind seeing a gameroom in the future, but for now, I'd rather FarSight use all resources available to work on tables so that dlc is released on time.

Maybe they could sell these types of add-ons with the express purpose to fund the hiring of someone solely to fix issues with the existing game and tables. Then your purchase of virtual arcade trinkets would be serving a higher purpose! :D

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I wouldn't want them to have to compromise the detail they put into the tables to allow for fitting in the rendering horsepower required for other models and so forth off on the sides.

I mean if you're talking like customizing the floor texture with other low-detail floor textures, fine, I guess. Beyond that... How about getting some actual pinball posters and sticking them up next to your TV? : D >_>

Their focus has been pretty much entirely on the tables and I hope that's where it stays!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Keep in mind, this topic is a year old. We had no idea Farsight would have so many table bug/art issues at that time.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.