Real Pinball In Germany

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Hey there fellow Germans :)

This thread is meant to gather useful information on where to play pinball in Germany. So if any of you know of
  • any websites showing where to find pinball machines
  • any locations with more than just one or two tables in enjoyable condition
  • any clubs or private gatherings that wouldn't mind new company or
  • any leagues or tournaments
feel free to post here.

I'll try to keep the first post updated.

Apart from gathering info this thread could also be a place to arrange meetings. For example, I'm going to visit EXTRABALL in Neuwied tomorrow. So if any of you have the time and don't live too far away, I'd be happy to meet some fellow pinballarcadefans there ;)

What I found so far:

Pinball locator:

http://www.flippern.de/flipper_suchen.php
Can't say if it's up to date, but haven't found anything else yet

Pinball museums:

EXTRABALL in Neuwied near Koblenz
Might also be interesting for Dutch and Belgian pinballers

SHOOT AGAIN in Essen
Unfortunately out of business before they were open. They'll give their machines to the...

Flippermuseum Schwerin in (who'd have guessed) Schwerin​

Pinball leagues:

(updated soon, stay tuned...)​

Last edited:

Groni

Jul 19, 2012
Strandcafe in Wuppertal. Every Year with a big Pinball Tournament with about 20 Tables. The Bar itself has 3 Pinballs which change over the year. In the season you can play for free on every Friday.

www.strandcafe.de

Greetz

Groni

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
Some time ago I found a few machines in a cinema in Arcaden Berlin-Neukölln. They had TLOTR, TOTAN and Wheel of Fortune... and they all were in pretty good shape. I defeated a Balrog and almost got TOTAN into wizard mode. Wheel of Fortune was a ball draining bastard however (bah, those outlanes!!!) and I didn't drop too many coins into it. Pity though because from the little that I gathered it seemed to be a pretty funny/interesting table.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
WOOHOO! Going to Extraball in Neuwied tomorrow. So very much looking forward to that.

In other news: sadly Shoot Again in Essen ceased to exist before opening due to financial problems. They'll give their machines to the museum in Schwerin.

@Groni: the 2013 programme of the Strandcafé that can be read online doesn't mention a pin tourney. Any news on that?

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Warum schreibt ihr hier auf englisch? ^^
Viel Spaß morgen Bonzo! :p
www.flippermarkt.de hat eine tolle und große community.
Spielen tue ich zur Zeit öfters im Giga Center in good old Cologne.
Die haben derzeit da:
- Monster Bash
- Addams Family
- AC/DC
- The Dark Knight
- Rolling Stones
- Spiderman

Day

Jan 9, 2013
Some time ago I found a few machines in a cinema in Arcaden Berlin-Neukölln. They had TLOTR, TOTAN and Wheel of Fortune... and they all were in pretty good shape. I defeated a Balrog and almost got TOTAN into wizard mode. Wheel of Fortune was a ball draining bastard however (bah, those outlanes!!!) and I didn't drop too many coins into it. Pity though because from the little that I gathered it seemed to be a pretty funny/interesting table.

ich war auch vor einige wochen im cineplex neukoeln aber fand die tables dort in keinen guten zustand. von den 3 war Totan der beste. white trash food in der schoenhausealle sollte angeblich zumindest 1 tisch besetzen. falls du anderer findest oder treffen mochtest uber ein paar beers spielen moechtest, gib einfach bescheid bzw PM mich :)

Deutsch schreiben auf einem englischen tablet (rechtschreibfehler aktiviert ist echt die geduldssache.... total b'stard)

day

Tapatalkin' at ya

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
80 minutes until they close. Man, am I having fun, or what?
Played Big Guns and Grand Lizard for the first time. Great choices, Skill_Shot.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Hard to tell. Either Taxi (although it kicked my behind badly), or Whirlwind. Big Guns was great, as was Safecracker... Unfortunately CftBL wasn't leveled and had a weak left flipper, exactly the same goes for Congo, fun nonetheless. Hm... maybe still AFM, although I only played one game on it. So much else to try out. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention BK2k.

Maybe I should give myself a night to sleep over my final answer... ;)

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
After the 90 minutes drive home I'd like to announce a surprise winner:

*drumroll*

*drumroll*

Tales of the Arabian Nights

Of all the machines I played today this is the one I'd love to own. Although i guess it might be a PITA to maintain the lamp. Everything fits together so well on this one. And as much as I despise marathon games in TPA (at least on my phone, let's see if that changes once the steam version is out), being able to have a relatively long game on a real machine is awesome.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Good stuff, Bonzo.

Glad you had a good time. I keep coming back to TotAN myself.
Love the bonus music

Timelord ...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.