Android Supported Devices

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I don't see a single thread for this (there are a few others with talk about it), but I am going to be upgrading my phone in the next few months, and I'm curious if anyone knows if there is an official list of devices that support SPA? If not, maybe we can start one here. It would be ideal, though, if FarSight could give us the specs and constraints that determine if a device is supported.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Good idea.
Maybe mod your top post to have an upto date list, save scrolling through.

I have an Nvidia Shield K1 Tablet and controller, running Nougat - works very nicely with TPA & SPA.

Also (although you might struggle to buy one of these now - it's getting old) a Samsung Note 4 SM-N910F running LP5.0.1 Adreno 420 GPU. Runs TPA and SPA very well. (although screen ratio crops wide body tables, but very plays well).

Performance statements known =
Mustang, ACDC, Star trek disabled for devices with less than 2gb

meridian

Mar 22, 2014
All of my devices don't even show it available in Google Play store. Isn't this just a branded version of pinball arcade?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
No it isn't [MENTION=4227]meridian[/MENTION].

The underlying tech emulates the latest Stern tables using direct Stern code.

This is different to TPA that emulates ROMs. The performance requirements are therefore far greater than TPA.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
ZTE Axon 7 - "supports" SPA, but isn't supported via the Play Store. I had to sideload the APK.

Shield Tablet, Nexus 5, & Nexus 10 are all supported via the Play Store. Each has their own individual quirk when it comes to play though.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Can anyone confirm if the Google Pixel/Pixel XL supports SPA? I would think if the Nexus 5 does then it should, but would like to make sure.

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
Can anyone confirm if the Google Pixel/Pixel XL supports SPA? I would think if the Nexus 5 does then it should, but would like to make sure.

I occasionally use my Pixel for testing; I don't know of any issues specific to the Pixel off the top of my head.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.