Bug Problem With MM or TPA?

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
NOTICE: This is not a bug; thanks to Mark Wyda for explaining what happened.

I just had my best game ever on MM ruined by a bug and I want to know if it is a problem with the rom controlling the game or just TPA since almost every good game I play now is ruined by a bug or a glitch and this is REALLY starting to piss me off. I was on ball 3 and had just stared the Battle for the Kingdom (for the first time ever). After making all of the jackpot shots the trolls popped up and it was time to shoot for the castle. Due to some bad bounces three of the balls during the 4 ball multiball drain very quickly (at this point the ball saver is off) and the last ball hits the castle gate and just sits behind the right troll. Since this is a timed mode, there was nothing I could do but wait for the Battle for the Kingdom mode to be lost. However the problems do not end there. I thought I would make the best of the situation and go for the Video Mode, I miss my shot on the right ramp and it goes up into the bumper area where the flippers suddenly lock and the game goes into the end of ball bonus even though the ball is at the top of the playfield. Since this was my last ball the game has now ended and all of the time I played going specifically for those modes was completely wasted not by bad play, but by annoying bugs. Is the problem I described above a known issue with the MM rom or is it just another bug in the game?

Additional Information:
System: PS Vita
Game Version: The version at the time of the MM release.
Short Description of Problem: Game considers ball drained even though it is at top of playfield.
Additional Information: Please see paragraph situated above containing a detailed account of what was going on at the time of the bug.
Number of Encounters: 1

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Battle for the Kingdom normally starts a timer when all but one ball has drained, and if you do not use troll bombs to destroy the trolls, they can trap the remaining ball. A fierce shove will sometimes free the ball when it's stuck behind a troll, but you're almost certainly going to take at least one tilt warning from it.

I have no idea what happened to you in the bumpers afterwards; that is definitely not normal behavior.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Battle for the Kingdom normally starts a timer when all but one ball has drained, and if you do not use troll bombs to destroy the trolls, they can trap the remaining ball. A fierce shove will sometimes free the ball when it's stuck behind a troll, but you're almost certainly going to take at least one tilt warning from it.

I have no idea what happened to you in the bumpers afterwards; that is definitely not normal behavior.

Unfortunately I did not have any troll bombs so that was not really an option. I don't even really have a problem with getting trapped behind the troll. I am thinking that the other problem may have been caused by all 3 of the other balls going down the outlane at the exact same time and maybe they triggered multiple hits to the drain. What ever the cause, I hope that these bugs are fixed soon as I have got to the point where if I want to break one of my highscores on the tables I like to play for excess of an hour and hope that I don't have a gamebreaking bug during that time.

Tom

Sep 9, 2012
I think this same bug happened to me but on ball 1. I had the best game i had ever had on mm, i had about 650,000,000 on the first ball (i had used all the extra balls) and was almost at my second battle for the kingdom when the game thinks my ball has drained even tho it hasnt, and for the rest of the game i keep getting 2 balls in the plunger, so when ever 1 of the balls drains i get to the bonus screen. I havent played the table since that.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
OK , thnks to the MOD who moved the THREAD after I was posting a response , I get to type this advice again!!!
Crushed Turtle You're posting in a very vague manner that will do nothing for the Devs to help you get the problem solved. Posting without telling us which version the platform was , just adds to all the unspecific , vague , complaints that FarSight gets on a daily basis . What version were you playing ? Was it up to date with the latest patch? , how often do you encounter the bug. All these things would help FarSight get the right folks on the job .
Anybody can do this , and it will save them alot of time in getting the right response to the problem.

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
It's not a glitch, it's programmed into the software.

If you fail the second part of battle for the Kingdom, you lose a ball. If you pay attention to the DMD, the King of Payne mocks you and then the flippers die.

As for the ball getting stuck behind the trolls, since they are invincible in Battle for the Kingdom, if the ball gets behind one of them you're screwed. That's why i purposely don't even complete the first part of the battle unless I have two troll bombs on hand. If you fail to get all the shots in the first part, you won't get to finish the mode, but at least you won't lose a ball.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
It's not a glitch, it's programmed into the software.

If you fail the second part of battle for the Kingdom, you lose a ball. If you pay attention to the DMD, the King of Payne mocks you and then the flippers die.

As for the ball getting stuck behind the trolls, since they are invincible in Battle for the Kingdom, if the ball gets behind one of them you're screwed. That's why i purposely don't even complete the first part of the battle unless I have two troll bombs on hand. If you fail to get all the shots in the first part, you won't get to finish the mode, but at least you won't lose a ball.

Thank-you very much for explaining that to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.