BlahCade 102: Trololo

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
http://blahcadepinball.com/2017/06/07/Episode-102-Trololo.html

After a history lesson about a melodic meme we get stuck into some tuning talk. Then prompted by a thread on the Pinball Arcade Fans forum, we discuss the logistics of wrapping up legacy platforms. We get the regular update about Firepower, where Chris gets frisky with frisket. Finally we close out the show with talk about the Top 100 tables thread and how there are so few tables left to go until that milestone is reached (great work FarSight!).

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
The Wii U dropped by the time the Switch released, and Nintendo's already porting some of the best Wii U games over to the Switch. Who knows if developers are still making games for the Wii U.

I think Farsight said "no" to the Switch so far, but time could tell.

As for the Xbox 360 and PS3, these are last generation consoles that are YEARS old. Yeah. We're talking 2005-2006 here. Depending on current sales, it might be best to drop the support for those consoles as well.

But anyway, there's a reason why it's called "PC Master Race". Imagine all the freedom you guys would have with a PC.

EDIT: Things age over time, and change is bound to happen. I remember spending most of my time playing on more casual games, but those purchases are now gone because that games provider seemingly went under.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Made a post several months ago about Farsight needed to cut the fat and move on from Ouya, Wii U, PS3/Vita and the 360, I feel bad for those that have invested lots of money into those platforms but I am curious what the numbers are for current active owners? Originally I owned Android/PS3/360 but as soon as Steam came out with TPA I moved on and haven't looked back. I do wonder if it is possible for Farsight to find out what tables a person owns on PS3/360 and then offer a cross buy deal on the PS4/Xbox1? Don't people just carry their previous account over to the new console??? Does Switch even have a virtual console store set up yet? or would TPA have to release a disc version?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Made a post several months ago about Farsight needed to cut the fat and move on from Ouya, Wii U, PS3/Vita and the 360, I feel bad for those that have invested lots of money into those platforms but I am curious what the numbers are for current active owners? Originally I owned Android/PS3/360 but as soon as Steam came out with TPA I moved on and haven't looked back. I do wonder if it is possible for Farsight to find out what tables a person owns on PS3/360 and then offer a cross buy deal on the PS4/Xbox1? Don't people just carry their previous account over to the new console??? Does Switch even have a virtual console store set up yet? or would TPA have to release a disc version?

That's exactly what I did. I had already bought season 2 on PS3 when the Steam announcement came. At the same time, there was lots of PS4 talk going on, which made me start worrying about migrating, especially since I knew I wouldn't own a PS4 until at least a year after release. I'll say it every time, but shifting to the PC for playing was the best decision ever.

FarSight tried some kind of cross buy deal, but long since stopped with it. Zen allowed table owners to get I think 20 different titles when switching platforms, but it wasn't your entire library and you had didn't get to pick which tables they'd be. Again, I don't know if that offer still exists. With a lot of studios, they want you migrating at platform launch and then after that, snooze you lose. Mainly because they don't want to keep having to deal with the old platform and want to move on, so it's a reward/punish idea.

All the people who complain about TPA on consoles, the lack of updates, the bugs that linger for months and months, would completely switch their tune by going to PC. Yes, the sticker shock will suck. Just wait it out for a Steam sale though. After about 2 months they'll completely forget the woes that have been bothering them as tables, updates, bug fixes, and more just magically appear whenever.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It's kind of ironic that Farsight initially didn't think Steam would be a viable platform, which is why the PC version was delayed, DX11 wasn't prioritized, etc. Glad they were wrong on that one! :D

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Stupid question, I know, but what happened to 101? Or did you just not create a thread for it? (I do follow on Twitter, but Twitter is hard to follow, so I don't really follow it - you follow? New posts on the forum stand out much more.)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Yeah I realised when posting this one that i didn't create a thread for it.

It was the week we found out my daughter was Type 1 Diabetic so it was understandably a little hectic.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.