Gameprom sub-forum

Jay

May 19, 2012
With the number of original tables they've created, I think Gameprom deserves their own sub-forum here. Their first trio of tables (Wild West, The Deep and Jungle Style) were solid entries and had designs that I could imagine being made into real tables. Since then, they've headed in a more fantastical direction but are still producing pretty amazing (if unrealistic) designs. I could play DaVinci Pinball forever; there's something strangely mesmerizing about it.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Good point, Jay. I'll create the forum, but I have to wonder how busy it'll be with posts, given that the forum has been around a number of years without anyone suggesting it before. It may not be popular with the users, but it's worth giving it a shot.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
I enjoyed them at the time but honestly I didn't they they had new tables heh. I'm lamenting as it stands that little wing haven't updated their tables on iOS for 64bit support....crystal caliburn 2 for the win!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Their flippers were always a turn off for me. The tables were very simple for the most part. I tired of them quickly. Still ok for a play every now and then though. I liked the Slayer pin and the Halloween themed one was fun.

Jay

May 19, 2012
I enjoyed them at the time but honestly I didn't they they had new tables heh. I'm lamenting as it stands that little wing haven't updated their tables on iOS for 64bit support....crystal caliburn 2 for the win!

Crystal Caliburn was by Little Wing, which had a slew of great and unique tables for the old Mac systems. But their forum has been quiet for years, so I'm not sure if their games will ever be updated.

Thanks, Gord, for creating the Gameprom forum. That company is still cranking out tables.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Interesting. What about them (outside of the fact they're huge).

Huge, too pointy, and are too upright when holding them up. Why not just standard Williams style flippers and flipper action? Trapping is way too easy and they are so close together. Creates games that can go on forever. I think they wanted to keep it a little child friendly and the game suffers for that.

I like the Toys on many of the pins though. You mentioned DaVinci - I love the little hammer thing that lobs the ball across the table.

Jay

May 19, 2012
too upright when holding them up.

I never thought about that, but you're right. It does make it easy to trap the ball, but I've lost it plenty of times too. The games do go on for a while, but I look at it as getting my money's worth from the tables (as opposed to Zaccaria, where the ball drains after several seconds).

That hammer is really neat, as are the cannon that shoots the ball across the table and the flying machine that spreads its wings.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I never thought about that, but you're right. It does make it easy to trap the ball, but I've lost it plenty of times too. The games do go on for a while, but I look at it as getting my money's worth from the tables (as opposed to Zaccaria, where the ball drains after several seconds).

That hammer is really neat, as are the cannon that shoots the ball across the table and the flying machine that spreads its wings.

I hate when the outlane save fires the ball back into play, and then it just bounces right back where it came from and is gone. DaVinci seem to do this often.

Jay

May 19, 2012
I hate when the outlane save fires the ball back into play, and then it just bounces right back where it came from and is gone. DaVinci seem to do this often.

Agreed. That happens to me a lot, and nudging doesn't seem to help all that much.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts