Gameprom - Pinball HD DaVinci

Jay

May 19, 2012
Well, I'll open this sub-forum with talk about my favorite Gameprom table, and one of the greatest digital tables I've ever played: DaVinci. I never would have thought of having a pinball table based upon the great Italian scientist and draftsman, but in retrospect it was a perfect choice. The table is filled with all sorts of beautifully rendered and animated "toys" that DaVinci had created. The whole table appears to be constructed of wood and glass and is bathed in a golden glow.

The gameplay isn't very complicated but takes a decent amount of time and skill to complete. As in many other Gameprom tables, you aim for whatever on the table is blinking. By completing the targets in the proper sequence, rollover "jewels" are lit on the table which must all must be hit to get to the next level. The placement of some of the jewels is really tricky (for instance in outlanes) requiring you to carefully sacrifice balls in order to complete the sequences. I've been playing this game for years and made it through all of the sequences only once. There's one other sequence that I know exists on the table, but I haven't yet been able to trigger it.

As I posted in a previous thread, I really don't mind not "winning"; I just find the table mesmerizing. The soundtrack is fascinating as well, part middle-eastern, part pop, part medieval chorus. There's also a ghostlike voice (ostensibly Leonardo's) that punctuates the game with pithy quotes.

The physics in the game are decent though not quite realistic. Gameprom balls always seem a bit heavy to me, a bit dead and without much spin. They tend to smack into bumpers and objects with very little rebound. I find I can use that to my advantage in certain situations. It makes trapping balls a pretty simple chore, for instance. But outside of that minor complaint, DaVinci is a terrific and unique digital table.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts