can't undo on enter initials screen

towps

Jul 21, 2012
just got a personal best on black hole and accidentally selected an incorrect initial. Can't seem to undo?
is there a back or undo button?

cheers

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
I don't think there's an undo. An example of being true to the original tables I think.

In this case, it's not about realism. The original Black Hole didn't have a high score listing, so it wasn't even possible to enter your initials on it. Same goes for Gorgar. Farsight will have to add a backspace function to its initials entry interface at some point.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
In this case, it's not about realism. The original Black Hole didn't have a high score listing, so it wasn't even possible to enter your initials on it. Same goes for Gorgar. Farsight will have to add a backspace function to its initials entry interface at some point.

Yes, obviously any table that didn't have a DMD didn't have a high score. I was just saying that in my experience tables that did have a high score did not have a way to delete a letter or backspace. I got caught by that a couple of times in the arcade.

I fail to understand why they have to add a backspace function.

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
Yes, obviously any table that didn't have a DMD didn't have a high score. I was just saying that in my experience tables that did have a high score did not have a way to delete a letter or backspace. I got caught by that a couple of times in the arcade.

there are plenty of tables without DMDs that have a high score.. what are you on about?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Many tables in the early SS era have high scores, but inputting initials wasn't possible until the introduction of alpha numeric scoreboards, which first appeared in 1985. That still is no excuse, as most tables that do support high scores have an erase option. I also hate that chime sound that plays on all tables, whether the real table supports initials or not. They should only use that on tables that don't have sound on their own during entry.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I don't recall a table that had a way to enter initals for a high score that didn't have a DMD. But my memory could be faulty.
Those with the 16-character alphanumeric displays (Funhouse, Whirlwind, Bride of Pinbot, et al) all do. I can't remember whether the older alphanumerics like Pinbot support initial entry or not. I was never good enough at the physical versions of the older tables to crack into the high score lists.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Those with the 16-character alphanumeric displays (Funhouse, Whirlwind, Bride of Pinbot, et al) all do. I can't remember whether the older alphanumerics like Pinbot support initial entry or not. I was never good enough at the physical versions of the older tables to crack into the high score lists.

My dad owned Pin*Bot, I remember playing it as a teen and I'm pretty sure it had initials, even though I don't remember getting my name in the high scores often :D

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Would be easy to check on your local machine there Mike? :)

I also think I remember Space Shuttle having initals entry.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
No pinbot? ...thats a shame! Think I'd like to play that table irl.

Since it's the first table I remember playing it's one of my favorites. It's also a shame my dad sold his for $500. It was in really good shape too. :(

Does this mean we won't see it in TPA anytime soon?

We plan to get a Pin*Bot in, and I know it's on the schedule, I just can't say when yet.

UnnDunn

Jul 31, 2012

I've never seen a pin with high-score capability that didn't have a backspace button.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.