Age of Pinballs IOS 11

JCat

Jul 7, 2017
I'm using the beta of IOS 11, and apparently, 32-bit apps are no longer supported. I realize ios 11 is still in beta, but was wondering if this product will receive some sort of update. I purchased practically all of the tables back then, and know that Zaccaria pinball is superior. I still enjoyed the old tables, and was planning to purchase the silver or gold Zaccaria, but I first want to see if AoP at least be get-able after IOS 11 is released.

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
It's official that iOS 11 will not support 32-bit apps. Apple had to do this in order to achieve stability and speed with the new multiuser and (forthcoming) VR features. So without an update this popular game will be orphaned going forward.

For the most part, all the publisher should have to do is take the original source code and recompile it. So unless the Zaccaria project has been abandoned (unlikely) I would expect an update before iOS 11 is officially released in September.

Another very popular game which currently won’t run under iOS 11 is Activision Anthology which ports 45 classic Atari Activision games to iOS. It’s a mystery as to why these publishers are waiting so long to update these games.

JCat

Jul 7, 2017
Thanks - hopefully, the developer doesn't abandon the Age of Pinballs project (even though it's older tables) and brings it up to date to make it compatible like many developers are doing. Then, I'll jump on Zach pinball (that currently works under 11). Oh yes, I saw Activision Anthology is also a no go, among dozens upon dozens of others I have in my purchased app list.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
You could always stick with 10 until your apps are ready, I suspect most active Devi will update their apps eventually...when is anyone's quess

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I was bummed to see Slitherine (one of the bigger dev teams in strategy gaming) say they aren't going to update many of their apps, some of which they're still selling for $20 a pop, plus DLC! Seems pretty cold to charge an arm and a leg for an app and then abandon it, while still continuing to rake in money from poor saps who aren't aware that it will stop working if they update.

Thankfully the ASK Homework guys are good dudes, so I highly doubt they'll stop supporting any of their apps. Just gotta be patient with them.

Last edited:

Jay

May 19, 2012
Thankfully the ASK Homework guys are good dudes, so I highly doubt they'll stop supporting any of their apps. Just gotta be patient with them.

That's what I'm hoping. I didn't realize they had released an iOS Zaccaria app, with the Time Machine table free. I don't get the usual warning when launching the app, stating that it won't be supported in iOS 11. Even so, I'm being cautious before I make any IAPs; I'll wait until I've installed iOS 11. If the app still works, I'm in.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
That's what I'm hoping. I didn't realize they had released an iOS Zaccaria app, with the Time Machine table free. I don't get the usual warning when launching the app, stating that it won't be supported in iOS 11. Even so, I'm being cautious before I make any IAPs; I'll wait until I've installed iOS 11. If the app still works, I'm in.

FYI mobile was the original platform

Jay

May 19, 2012
FYI mobile was the original platform

I thought Zaccaria first came to Steam. I was part of that Kickstarter campaign. Then after that it spread to other platforms. Did it really start on iOS? I never saw it there until recently.

Jay

May 19, 2012
I’m happy to report that the iOS version of Zaccaria is working great. I bought the gold pack. The rules on many tables seem different from their Steam counterparts. It’s also interesting that clicking on the game’s Forum button takes you to Pinball Arcade Fans!

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Any word on age of pinballs updated for iOS 11?
It would be awesome if they updated it to 64bit AND with a new engine with all things they learned from zaccaria, there are some really good original themes in there.

Jay

May 19, 2012
Any word on age of pinballs updated for iOS 11?
It would be awesome if they updated it to 64bit AND with a new engine with all things they learned from zaccaria, there are some really good original themes in there.

I agree. Age of Pinballs has some of my favorite table designs ever. I wonder if Magic Pixel will put effort into revamping that app, or whether they'll continue to release their original tables as part of the Steam package.

Members online

Members online