Admit it: How often do you do THIS:

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
  1. Choke
  2. Vent anger
  3. Start, Up, X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X (while still venting anger)
  4. Repeat until you don't choke (if ever)

Pretty much every time for me. Haha.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
There's something satisfying about the fact that you get the sound effect for all the extra times you hammer on the X button.

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
All the time. Although with me, it's 50% choking, 50% a perceived highly unfair wicked drain from the machine...

There's something satisfying about the fact that you get the sound effect for all the extra times you hammer on the X button.

hahaha, and I thought I was the only one...

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
All the time. Although with me, it's 50% choking, 50% a perceived highly unfair wicked drain from the machine...

hahaha, and I thought I was the only one...

Well yeah, any kind of drain really... whether your fault or bad luck. Hah.

BRRRRING
BRRRRING
BRRRRING
BRRRRING
BRRRRING
BRRRRING
BRRRRING

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
I never ever do/did this, ever. I just tried it and I think it's a silly, useless way to vent your failure. It does absolutely nothing!

So Im going back to ye olde

1.Choke
2.Vent anger
3.Start, Up, A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A (while still venting anger)
4.Repeat until you don't choke (if ever)

on my 360

ps: I think the *PING* soundeffect should be replaced by a gunshot effect

Last edited:

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
Life was so much simpler when I truly sucked b@lls. Losing a ball after scoring only 150 points was just a way of life, my attitude being "meh, what do you expect, you suck at this..." but now, having really put in some effort to improve my game, with the help of a lot of the "Tricks And Tactics" type threads on here (I actually scored my first 100M game on TOTAN last night), my expectations are so much much higher, and screwing up hurts that much more... now I play a complete game maybe 1 in every 6, focused, intense and a little angry instead of every game with a smile on my face... hahha

Last edited:

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
I did this pretty much constantly while trying to get the last goal on Black Hole. I'd end the game if I lost the first ball and didn't at least hit a couple of the drop targets to raise the G-meter. Obviously, if I lost the ball right away, it was a restart. Quite often, I'd add an expletive at the start of it all.

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
I do this all the time. It almost seems predetermined that if I have a great first ball, I'll lose the next three balls in seconds! If I have a crappy first ball, the rest are ok but I never seem to have like three great rockin' balls in a row. Doesn't seem to happen like that in real life.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Nah, you've left out a few steps.

1. Promise yourself that you will not succumb to anger and restart the game every time you have a quick drain.
2. Choke on ball 1.
3. Manage to keep composure, plunge ball 2.
4. Make one or two beautiful saves to give yourself a glimmer of hope, then choke on ball 2.
5. Vent anger.
6. Start, Up, Mash appropriate button for your console while continuing to vent anger.
7. Repeat steps 2, 5 and 6 until you don't choke or (more likely) until your voice has given out.

We'll also just say that it's a very good thing the impact-dampening case of my iPad works as advertised. I may or may not have missed the soft couch on the other end of the room once or twice when throwing the device down in disgust. :rolleyes:

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
My first step on doing a restart is usually the threat of violence... "right you *&^(%^& machine, let's try this again... you ^%$& me up this time and we'll have a problem..." I have a long history of breaking things during a hissy fit, but in my old age I've mellowed somewhat, but still something about pinball get the blood rushing...

DooMStalK

Jul 2, 2012
I try to be calm for a while, but, when I start loosing some easy balls with a high score then my patience gets over, and then I keep restarting until my "goal" for the first ball mets.

What's interesting it that once I start doing this, it look like the game knows it and the table gets harder and harder to score, or worse, it looks like it wants to drain the ball in oddly ways.

THEN I GET ANGRY!! Usually by then I change the table heeheh.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Play with other people and it will keep you honest. I play most games with my wife and my daughter. Rarely do all three of us have a bad first ball!

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
I did this pretty much constantly while trying to get the last goal on Black Hole. I'd end the game if I lost the first ball and didn't at least hit a couple of the drop targets to raise the G-meter. Obviously, if I lost the ball right away, it was a restart. Quite often, I'd add an expletive at the start of it all.

^^^^
THIS!!! I absolutely LOATHE Black Hole just because of that last goal. It's whats keeping me from mastering the table altogether on the PS3 and 360. Oddly enough I got it on the Vita! LOL Go figure.

I thought I was the only one that did those things. Quit in frustration and spam X or A a million times and do it all over again until I just quit altogether. LOL That is way too funny!

Boggystyle

Jul 2, 2012
I tend to get angry and tilt the living crap out the machine, even if I had a good game going. Learning to remain calm under pressure is just as important a skill to learn as any post pass.

BLADDERMETAL

Jul 13, 2012
I hate it when i start up a new game and drain right away i always restart,lol. Half the time i play awesome on the 3rd ball i noticed

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts