PS3 - Bug Castle multiball lock shot doesn't always register

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Maybe this is inherent in the real table as well, but sometimes when you hit the castle lock shot, it just spits the ball back out without registering a lock ball or lighting lock.

MTH

Jul 29, 2012
That can be intended behavior, e.g. during castle multiball where the lock activates super jackpots, but only after you got five regular jackpots. Before that it will just eject the ball.

Last edited:

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
It definitely happens during normal single ball play though, when the shot is set to either lock or light lock... and you will have occasions where it does nothing but spit the ball out. That's when it's easily noticeable, although I'd tend to think it can happen at any time for any mode.

It does seem, though, to be more of a bi-product of emulation than a bug. I believe there's a sensor inside the gate that needs to be hit, and if a ball goes in there softly, it may not hit that sensor.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
With Medieval Madness I find that most shots from the left flipper do nothing to damage the gate, lock a ball, and destroy the castle.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
There's a wire swinging gate sensor in front of the lock, much like those that are put on ramps to detect when the ball hits them. If the ball hits the lock without going through this gate, it doesn't count as a hit, and the ball is ejected.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts