Can't get it to work on Windows 10

lbonasio

Aug 17, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have build myself a cabinet with 3 monitors and I'm having a real hard time trying to get this mod to work...

1 - First and foremost, I am running Windows 10. Is this OK? I'm asking because there is no "Aero Theme" in Windows 10 and apparently this a requisite to run the mod? All I have found online are third party softwares to install a (very non-official) Windows "Aero Lite" theme... Is this a valid solution?

2 - As my playfield, I am using a 42" 4K TV in Portrait (Flipped) mode. My resolution (recommended by windows) is 2160 x 3840. Any idea how I should edit the settings file for this particular monitor? Also what values to put when I run config?

3 - I have 2 ".exe" files located in my Steamapps/common/PinballArcade folder: One named "PinballArcade.exe" and another named "PinballArcade11.exe". When I double click any of them, even the one that says "11" on it, the game always start in "DX9" mode. The only way I am able to play the game in "DX11" mode is by opening Steam, right clicking on the game and selecting "Launch in DirectX 11". The mod will only work when the game is launched in DX11, right? ANy idea how I can fix this?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
I'm running the Mod just fine and have been for a long time.

I'm on Win10 (and even have the creators update installed). Windows Defender wants to quarantine the Mod Auto Updater so I have to "Allow" it on my system by making it an exception in Windows Defender settings. Make sure to right click on the pinballarcade.exe and pinbalarcade11.exe and go to their properties\compatibility tab and check off at the bottom to Run as Administrator. Do the same for the PBAFreeCamMod.exe file as well. As for the 42" TV, run the PBA config (when you click on play from steam) and set the monitor under the dx11 tab to 1080x2200. Also make sure you have the sttings.ini file in the free cam mod folder edited properly for how you want to run your setup.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts