PS3 Pinball Controller WIP

Groni

Jul 19, 2012
Hey Guys,

today i started to work on my Pinball Controller. I´m using a board from an wireless ps3 controller with attached wires on it to connect the Buttons.
This is the easier part of the work, cause i did that a couple of times.

There are two challenges I have to master. First a nice Plunger Mechanic. And then a effective Nudge Mechanic, which I think is the most heaviest work on that Build.

And because I love challenges, I started today with the mechanics for the Nudge with a temporary build to test it out. (Maybe I use it, but lets see)

So here is my NUDGEBOX :)

As you can see, the PS3 Controller Board is attached to the ground, with an extended left analog stick. At the upper part there a four pull springs in each direction,
which brings the stick right back to the middle. At the top of the stick I placed some weight as pendulum. It´s adjusted very well now, and a smart shake makes the
stick move to nudge the table. Also is adjustable to make it more or less sensible. 3 Hours of work and adjusting. But damn this works :)

Hope you like it

Greetz

Groni

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Just to be clear, were looking at the bottom right? How is it oriented Width or lenght like a cabinet? Did you mark it so you know wich ways forward?

Groni

Jul 19, 2012
You see the front and the board is at the bottom. The longer stretched springs (horizontal) are the sidenudges, cause you need longer ways of the stick to get a nudge. Up and down are easier to nudge, thats why the springs are shorter.
The nudge now appears like a real table nudge. Just to be clear that is just the Nudgebox, which will be inside of the main Pinball Control Box which has the same dimensions in wide as a real Pinball Table. The Lenght will be about 40 cm.

Groni

Jul 19, 2012
And here are the next steps done for today.

The Main Pinball Controller Box is ready. Only the front and backplates are still missing.

Next Steps on the Box:
1. cut all the holes for the Buttons.
2. Insert the Frontplate with Coindoor
3. Add a black adhesive film on the complete Box
4. Fitting the Siderails and the Lockbar.

And here is Pic of it.

Also the first Buttons are ready. All Buttons will be illuminated. Only the Flipper Leaf Switches will not.

Enough for today :)

Enjoy

Greetz
Groni

djwille

Apr 2, 2012
Can you make a manual for this great PS3 Pinball Controller WIP.
I also want one. I can't wait till it finish!

Keep up for the good stuff.

Respect!

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Looking good, except those aren't the kind of buttons real machines have. Also, where's the analog plunger? Still, absolutely awesome! And thanks for those awesome FS renditions of TZ and SPP on VP - I play them almost every day.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Looking good, except those aren't the kind of buttons real machines have.

Well, real machines don't have buttons for select, start, square, triangle, etc....so with this many buttons, you can't expect it to look just like a real machine.

Groni

Jul 19, 2012
Looking good, except those aren't the kind of buttons real machines have. Also, where's the analog plunger? Still, absolutely awesome! And thanks for those awesome FS renditions of TZ and SPP on VP - I play them almost every day.

Well, like Jeff said ;) With exept of the Launch Ball Button, which exist on Medieval Madness. The Analog Plunger is in the work. I start with a custom Plunger design, and later on I change it with a original Plunger.

Groni

Jul 19, 2012
The Leaf Switches arrived today. Also you can see the Plunger and the rest of the Buttons.

Also the Plunger mechanic is done. Looks simple, but works :D It will be done with a simple cable control.

Groni

Jul 19, 2012
Ok here is another HUGE Step :)

Today i placed the front and back plate and cutted holes for the buttons,plunger and coindoor. Then i fitted the Siderails and the Lockbar to the box and polished them.

Next step is to cut the holes for the top buttons. Then it´s time for some black foliage. After the foliage is placed, I will begin with the electronic part.

Final step for the Box will be some nice Arcade Pinball Logos and Manufactorer Logos. Under the Box I will place 4 Springfeets to make nudging more realistic.

Still lot to do, but now everybody can imagine how it will look :)

Enjoy

djwille

Apr 2, 2012
Wow it looks awsome. I want onze Now lol....
I'm looking forwards to THE finished product.
Keep up THE good stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts