Official Google+ Page?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
So does Farsight manage a Google+ page? With the Nexus 7 coming out, and a focus on Google apps increasing, I'm wondering if anyone else feels having a G+ presence would be a good idea.

The great thing about G+ is that there are very few trolls on there, and the quality of comments are higher. The general demographic of users on G+ are more tech-focused consumers. The sort of people who would fit well into this community as well.

If you do a search for "Pinball" on G+, you already have some fans talking about TPA on there. And some guys are taking screenshots of their games and posting high scores on there.

Perhaps a G+ page could be a good place to unite those on that social network. I'd join it in a heartbeat.

I would just go and set a G+ page up for TPA, but I'm sure Farsight have a social media team that would prefer to control that space. I don't want to step on their toes regarding that.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Good suggestion. I've never used G+ myself, so I'm not familiar with it. Seems like it would be good exposure though, and that's always welcome.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I think it would be a good idea for FarSight to setup a google+ page but I don't think that should stop "you from making a TPA fan page on google+. I did laugh a little at the thought that FarSight has a "social media team". :D I think they have a couple of people that make facebook updates in addition to their regular duties. They really aren't a big enough studio to have a social media team, are they?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I think it would be a good idea for FarSight to setup a google+ page but I don't think that should stop "you from making a TPA fan page on google+. I did laugh a little at the thought that FarSight has a "social media team". :D I think they have a couple of people that make facebook updates in addition to their regular duties. They really aren't a big enough studio to have a social media team, are they?

OK, well I'll make a fan page then. But if anyone from Farsight reads this post and wants to take it over, then I'll will instantly grant them admin rights.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Good suggestion. I've never used G+ myself, so I'm not familiar with it. Seems like it would be good exposure though, and that's always welcome.

It has a fair bit of activity on it if you search for "pinball". Already added a few users to a "pinball" group so I can jump directly to those posts. Just wish there were more users taking advantage of G+. It is refreshing to see the calibre of person on G+ compared to "some other" social media sites ;)

I'm having a chat to a couple of guys who want to set up a pictorial leader board for their TPA scores. So I think the TPA fan page would be a good place for that.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Just thinking, would it be appropriate to create a Pinball Arcade Fans (as in using the name and logo of this site) G+ page instead?

Jeff, would you be OK with this? I would naturally make you a page admin.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Just thinking, would it be appropriate to create a Pinball Arcade Fans (as in using the name and logo of this site) G+ page instead?

Jeff, would you be OK with this? I would naturally make you a page admin.

Gord would be the one to ask, but my guess is he would probably be fine with it.

Thanks for spreading the word.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I'll set one up. I'll lift the logo from the forum, and if Gord reads this later he may want to supply a better version of the logo. I'll start spreading the word about release dates as I see it on the main forum. If anyone else wants to help me with that, I can make you an admin of the Google page.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
If anyone who reads this uses Google+, and would be interested in helping out with content other than Android, I'd love to make you an admin for a platform (called a "manager" in G+).

You could then specialize in, say, XBox happenings. Or help out with iOS news. I can only really commit to covering Android stuff at the moment, which makes the page a bit one-sided.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
I have all other platforms (although abandoned PS3 for now) but no way to capture any footage (well apart from screenshots). I also have barely used G+ (or Facebook fro that matter) but am familiar with content management systems if thats any help.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I'm happy to help out where ever I can. Currently using iOS, 360, Mac and of course 360.

I've made you a manager. Thanks for volunteering. :) It would be great if there was a G+"manager" for each supported platform. But starting small works just as well for now.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Afraid all I can do is help on Android right now too.

BTW, the link above doesn't QUITE work. Try this:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/110014255243229952160/posts

I will be offering coverage of Pinball Arcade on the July RetroGaming Radio show. I have a pretty diverse listening base ... should drive some traffic and some sales :)

That will be awesome! Post a link to the show after you're done. I can push it out through the G+ page.

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
I've made you a manager. Thanks for volunteering. :) It would be great if there was a G+"manager" for each supported platform. But starting small works just as well for now.

While I buy a crap ton of games, FarSight and Pinball Arcade are always my highest priority. I'll message you on G+ so we can collaborate on this.
Also feel free to add me on Steam, my user name on there is Frostyglitch as well.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Bumping this thread again.

G+ has all the functionality of Facebook and more (communities, hangouts, fine user control ) without the Facebook users (or putting it nicely, mature users who aren't juvenile trolls and understand that development is hard) ;-)

Would appreciate an official answer about G+ from Rob the social media guy.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts