Graphical Differences in Pinball Arcade depending what phone/pad you have

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
I noticed that Pinball Arcade is tweaked differently on some devices than on it is others and wanted to compare and note differences with you guys.
So far Ive played it on the ASUS TF101 and the droid razr maxx. Neither versions seem to have mirror effects on the ball. The table select menu is different on the two. Mostly looks like the same game, the textures look a little nicer on the razr, the play area on monsterbash looks a little cut and pastey on the ASUS pad. Can anyone confirm if they have mirror effects on their droid device and what device you have? It would be amazing to see a list of differences between versions of the game. The Asus Infinity wich just hit the market looks like an amazing android pad. It's got a 1500p screen and definitly enough graphic power for Pinball Arcade to turn up it's power a notch. I'm really hoping they are able to give us higher resolution textures mirror effects on the ball and better lighting effects on the new asus. anyways you guys notice anything significant between versions?

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Seeing as you mentioned Monster Bash, lets post screenshots from that table on various devices.

Here mine on a Samsung Galaxy S, the ball has a reflection but it's static.

2012-07-24%2014.35.20.png

2012-07-24%2014.34.11.png

Last edited:

adenosine

Apr 29, 2012
The Asus Infinity has the same chip as my phone. TPA looks pretty good on my phone.
2012-07-24%2007.24.46.png

2012-07-24%2007.23.13.png

Also, yikes at the textures on the Galaxy S.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
As it's a small screen it's not too bad, it plays at a nice high framerate anyhow :)

I see there's still a pre-baked reflection there, I don't think there's real-time ball reflections on Android at all due to limited fill-rate.

Edit: just noticed the backbox art, crikey !

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I could be dreaming, but on CFTBL I could swear that there is just a little bit of "special" lighting from the flashers near the Snack Bar scoop.

On the TF300T, there appears to be some light bleed onto other surfaces from the flasher. I've not seen this before on any of the other tables on mobile.

Am I imagining this?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts