Next table after Ghostbusters?

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
To get away from my negative ranting lately, how about some positive speculation. Now that Ghostbusters has started to arrive, what do you guys think is next for SPA? They had said Whoa Nelly was in the pipeline. Is that next?

Personally, I want Metallica.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
To get away from my negative ranting lately, how about some positive speculation. Now that Ghostbusters has started to arrive, what do you guys think is next for SPA? They had said Whoa Nelly was in the pipeline. Is that next?

Whoa Nellie and Big Buck Hunter are already announced, so I'd expect them next, but not at the "premium" $9.99 price.

I'd like Metallica for sure! Or KISS.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012

+1

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Whoa Nellie and Big Buck Hunter are already announced, so I'd expect them next, but not at the "premium" $9.99 price.

I'd like Metallica for sure! Or KISS.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

+1
Could only imagine how much Gene would want to get paid, as of now for $50,000 plus the price of the set $2,000, he'll come to your house and hand deliver his latest box set of a 10 disc collection of unreleased solo tracks. :p

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Been hoping they would do some of the more requested Data East tables but kind of got the feeling it will be mostly Stern at this point for SPA.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Agree on it being Big Buck and Nellie.

I’d really like to see Kiss, Spider-Man, Walking Dead, Tron, Metallica, LOTR, POTC, Family Guy, Simpson’s. I know most are licensing impossibilities, but I like to dream big.

If they mix in some old school Stern. My picks would be Seawitch, Catacomb, Galaxy, Meteor, Stars, Nine Ball, Star Gazer. Any of those would tickle me.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
+1
Could only imagine how much Gene would want to get paid, as of now for $50,000 plus the price of the set $2,000, he'll come to your house and hand deliver his latest box set of a 10 disc collection of unreleased solo tracks. :p

That's why we need a Reimagine Pinball Arcade, where all these likenesses are replaced with generics, but gameplay is the same. This table could be relabeled "S*I*C*K".

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'm still sticking to the theory that Stern have baked in digital rights for every one of their licenses since Star Trek at the earliest, possibly as far back as Metallica. So no licensing problems whatsoever. Ever again.

karl

May 10, 2012

I’d really like to see Kiss, Spider-Man, Walking Dead, Tron, Metallica, LOTR, POTC, Family Guy, Simpson’s. I know most are licensing impossibilities, but I like to dream big.

If they mix in some old school Stern. My picks would be Seawitch, Catacomb, Galaxy, Meteor, Stars, Nine Ball, Star Gazer. Any of those would tickle me.

Great list. I would add Quicksilver to the classic list. One of the best and most unique Stern games in my opinion. (and maybe big game)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm still sticking to the theory that Stern have baked in digital rights for every one of their licenses since Star Trek at the earliest, possibly as far back as Metallica. So no licensing problems whatsoever. Ever again.

You are not wrong. I was not able to confirm how far back exactly (Metallica was my guess too), but in a round about way I was told with regards to the newly released Stern tables that is exactly what is going on. As for older titles, I think they might look to another situation where the fee is paid outright like it was for AC/DC.

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015

e.

We dream the same dream.
Won't Pay more than 4 bugs for Nellie.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Great list. I would add Quicksilver to the classic list. One of the best and most unique Stern games in my opinion. (and maybe big game)

Add it to my list. I don't think I ever played that one. I know what it looks like (plenty of green), but have no memory of ever seeing one in real life. Now you have me interested. I will watch some youtube vids of it after work.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
I'd like to see Monopoly, WPT and Indiana Jones.

Daughter and I went miniature golfing the other week, there was a RollerCoaster tycoon and a IJones. Never really played IJones table before and really enjoyed it, didn't realize when I finally opened the Arc, all these balls were going to be coming out.
All I could think of was the call out from NGG, "Too many balls".

We did pretty good that day, playing several games on not a lot of money. Replay was set low and matches seemed to be pretty frequent. We both joked, if they got rid of the other crappy 4 arcade cabinets and replaced them with 4 more tables, we could forgo golfing in the future all together.

karl

May 10, 2012
Indiana Jones(stern) is a horrible, horrible machine. Especially in a tournament setting. Gives the word grinding a whole new meaning.

I had a Monopoly for a short while in my collection. At first I was really impressed with how many cool shots it had, but the rules are not very satisfying and it feels a bit cheap. Got tired of it pretty quick.

WPT though, is a great machine and would be just perfect in a virtual environment. At first glance it looks like it does not have that much to offer, but holy cow; the rules on it is just amazingly fun and deep

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016

Has someone announced something about a lower price for some SPA tables? I have been assuming that all newly produced SPA tables would be $9.99 each.

I hope you're right!

Rage

Apr 25, 2017
They need some new tables fast! Ghost was in last year's bundle 2 I think, so to me it's last year's game and they need to kick out like 5 tables before the holidays.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Farsight has only confirmed Whoa Nellie and Big Buck Hunter so I guess there is a chance we might see those before the end of the year. Zen Studios tends to do 3-4 packs a year, so would think Farsight might have that kind of schedule in mind but I wonder if it will only be these 2 tables per pack kind of deal so 6-8 tables per year??

wolfson

May 24, 2013

Kolchak , now we`re talking !!! :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts