Lamp Hunter Mode is AMAZING.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
I just started dabbling with this game again today and discovered the Lamp Hunter mode. I was really suprised how much fun it is - definitely a gimmick mode, but boy, it´s entertaining.

- Every game starts with an instant 3 ball multiball.

- The usual switches, bumpers and targets are disabled, and instead every single lamp on the table
is lit, and your goal is to roll over all of them until you´ve disabled them all. The lamps basically behave like rollovers,
so the ball can cut through them like through coins in Super Mario Bros.

- One you have hit all lamps, the lost balls are coming back into play and every lamp is relit.

- One you lost all balls, the game is over. Score is simply the number of collected lamps.

The mode is highly entertaining since, first of all, it´s super fun to play multiball on these old and rather primitive tables, and turning the decorative/informative lights into actual targets completely transforms the table layouts. Some of the tables are not very well suited for it, with most of the lamps being instantly collected but some nastly rollover lane ones on top are hard to reach, but other tables like Lucky Fruit which have most of the lamps at the bottom are very enjoyable. And some tables don´t have the top rollover lamps lit at all, so it´s definitely adjusted to this mode a bit.

The ebb and flow between the multiball start, followed by the hunt for the last few remaining lamps that then trigger another round is really amazing.

It´s also very cool to see the different arrangements of lights from a new perspective - the massive row of lights on Farfalla, big vertical stacks of lamps, nice diagonal designs... Very refreshing.

I have to admit that I absolutely love Zaccaria Pinball on a technical level, but many of the tables don´t quite do it for me, so this quirky little multiball mode is very welcome. It´s fast and frantic. Definitely not a very orthodox mode, but a very nice surprise for me.

I just wanted to make this thread because some of these extra modes can be easy to miss and I would assume that many players don´t really bother with other modes than the classic 3 ball play.

It´s definitely not a very deep mode, but I spent a good while just going through table by table and laugh at how great some of the lamp layouts are, especially considering how many tables there are in the game.

Last edited:

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Yeah, sorry, I should have clarified that this is on the Steam version. (I actually tried the iOS version later that day only to realize that it is very out of date right now!)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts