$10 for GB on PS4? Try Again, Farsight!

HiHat

Sep 12, 2012
Really?

$10 for the Ghostbusters Premium table on PS4?

PASS!

I'll pay $5 for a non-premium edition, if that ever comes out...

And no, I don't want GB in a bundle with games I already have in TPA.

Obviously the Addams Family table isn't the only thing in pinball with a GREED mode... :mad:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
How many plays do you reckon you'd spend on the machine in the arcade? I know I've spent at least $30.

So $10 seems pretty reasonable for free play anytime you want.

Also, Stern sets the prices.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
How many plays do you reckon you'd spend on the machine in the arcade? I know I've spent at least $30.

So $10 seems pretty reasonable for free play anytime you want.

Also, Stern sets the prices.

This x 1000.

All the GB pins I've seen on location are $1 a play...so it's for sure a bargain, so long as the TPA version is up to snuff (haven't tried it yet).

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Dude, it's a modern stern - and ghostbusters!
They are not going to remake the pro version and sell it for less.
Throw money at it, its worth it and will encourage Stern/Farsight to do more recent tables - Star Wars, GOT, KISS, Aerosmith, Walking Dead, Spider man, Metallica, not-WWE etc.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Funny, that's exactly how much it costs in my country right now, so I don't see why OP is even complaining in first place when it's already so cheap.

Especially when you consider how much these tables cost in real life.

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
Well, at least you guys (and girls?) have the choice of spending US$ 10,- on the table or not. Here in Europe there is still no sign in PSN of GB...

wolfson

May 24, 2013
hey mate $10 price 0f a pot at the footy , bloody hell like Jared and the rest have said **** you got the table for ever !!! buy it and put a smile on your dial !!!:cool:

Rage

Apr 25, 2017
I'd pay 59.99 for Metallica right now. I think AC/DC was 19.95 when it came out. I bought the bundle pack to play Ghostbusters a week or so early which was 19.99 since I had all the other tables.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
You mean “Try again Stern”. It’s their app. They are busy selling pins for $7,500 a pop. They would laugh at this thread if they saw it, but I’m sure they won’t.

My closest arcade has a Ghostbusters Pro for $1 a play. I put several dollars into it every time I am there. So the price seems fair to me. But you have to make a personal decision. You don’t have to buy it.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Thing it’s me and ghostedbusters is my initial purchase would be consumed by one of its artists activities so much so I wouldn’t enjoy the game atm but since I trust the boys opinions it seems like something I shouldn’t skip entirely, in terms of price etc my funds are extremely shallow right now and the future might be worse....I’m not quibbling over the price myself it’s fair for new stuff, would ac/dc be an auto purchase right now sure! But damn, I’ll be back kicking all yer asses. I guess what I’m saying is while 1 to 1 to the dollar is slightly unfair I usually get more than my money’s worth, the great thing about the long update cycle of spa is mustang has been free that most peeps are bored of it now heh, old man stern calls the shots he’s kinda crazy ermmm I had a point but I don’t care now someone buy me AC/DC I ain’t proud

HiHat

Sep 12, 2012
Well, at least you guys (and girls?) have the choice of spending US$ 10,- on the table or not. Here in Europe there is still no sign in PSN of GB...

The reason I'm *****ing about $10 for a single table is that TPA has typically sold non-premium tables for around $5.

I'll happily buy GB if a non-premium version comes out at that price.

Of course, FS chooses to release the premium version first with no mention of whether a non-premium version will ever follow...

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
You're going to be waiting a long time then. It's "premium" simply because the real pin is so new.

See ya in 5 years or so I guess.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I am not getting into this discussion again, but how long was it since Star Trek was released for Stern PBA? It has been over 6 months at least, so if the games come out at this rate your are looking at 1-2 dollars a month to save up.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
The reason I'm *****ing about $10 for a single table is that TPA has typically sold non-premium tables for around $5.

I'll happily buy GB if a non-premium version comes out at that price.

Of course, FS chooses to release the premium version first with no mention of whether a non-premium version will ever follow...

Ok, in a racing video sim it costs roughly the same to build a virtual recreation of a ford fiesta as it does a lambo. Stern chose to digitize the premium versions of the table because those are the ones they want to promote, advertise, and sell. The physical differences between the GB pro and Premium would mean they would have to build and model a separate table (for the most part - I am sure some of it is reusable) to put out a pro version. And I am sure it would still cost $10 as it is a "modern" stern.

Question - when did tables start having different versions (pro and premium?) Are there any tables in TPA that are the premium version? I know Addams has the gold edition but that was only because it was top seller.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Pretty sure the tiered pricing was introduced when AC/DC was released by Stern.

I remember it causing a huge stir at the time.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Pretty sure the tiered pricing was introduced when AC/DC was released by Stern.

I remember it causing a huge stir at the time.

I like what jersey jack is doing with dialed in, there is a pro and premium model but zero difference in the playfield or gameplay. The only difference is the quality of materials used in the machine.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It doesn't matter what version of the real pin it's based on because they're going to ask a "premium" price for the simple fact that it's a new Stern. Even it was the bottom-of-the-barrel Stern version with no extra frills, they still wouldn't charge anything less than $10 for the digital version. I mean c'mon, it's a steal, and to be able to play a pin this new for that price is just nutty. We're pretty spoiled if you really think about it.

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
Right, every new Stern-table will cost 10 Dollars (and by the way, they charge 10 Euros in Europe, which is 11,75 Dollar), no watter if it´s the pro, premium or what version ever.
Everyone has to decide if the specific table is worth that price. In my opinion Star Trek and AC-DC delivered a good value for that price. Mustang? Whellie?, maybe I´m spoiled, but I don´t think so.
Ten bugs for Ghostbusters? Absolutely yes! Still waiting for the release of this outstanding table in Europe. Same if Kiss, Metallica or LotR see the light on PS4. Compared to older inferior Gottlieb-tables such as Bone Busters, Rescue 911 or Cactus Jack for 4,99 Euros on TPA, with horrible lightning, I call them a bargain. But that is just my opinion.

Last edited:

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Question - when did tables start having different versions (pro and premium?) Are there any tables in TPA that are the premium version? I know Addams has the gold edition but that was only because it was top seller.

Avatar (2010) pro and L.E. is probably first pin with different playfield features and code. Nothing in TPA is newer.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts