Tables from other releases

cheez

Jul 25, 2012
I've had both Pinball Hall of Fame games, which I know were made by the same developers, so... If it hasn't been discussed before, does anyone know if the tables from these games may be getting fixed releases for Pinball Arcade?

Back in those games there were many problems with tables not behaving like they do for real, or in a couple cases there's pinball tables with sounds recorded from the real machine, but in a "microphone in front of a pinball machine" way instead with music from the game playing in the sounds and all that. Otherwise Maybe some music in a game would kick in when it wasn't supposed to, or not at all, or a character wouldn't say certain things that the real thing would.

I'd just appreciate seeing the machines I've known for real getting the same attention to detail put back in them. I realize that the format of Pinball Arcade allows for future fixes and the like, so that at least gives me hope.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
The later games (dot-matrix display, Funhouse and Bride of Pinbot) are all emulated and do play, sound and look exactly as they should. Certainly Funhouse and Tales of the Arabian Nights are far superior to the Pinball Hall of Fame versions.

The earlier games (Black Hole and Gorgar so far) are not emulated yet. As I understand it, they are working on adding rom emulation for these earlier games, so they should play 100% correctly in the near future.

It wouldn't surprise me if the reason why late '80s games such as Whirlwind and Taxi have not yet been release for Pinball Arcade, is down to them wanting to get the rom emulation for those games working first.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
It wouldn't surprise me if the reason why late '80s games such as Whirlwind and Taxi have not yet been release for Pinball Arcade, is down to them wanting to get the rom emulation for those games working first.
Doesn't Whirlwind use the same technology as Funhouse? Both are from the same company, and came out the same year - they even had the same designer!

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Doesn't Whirlwind use the same technology as Funhouse? Both are from the same company, and came out the same year - they even had the same designer!
Nope. Funhouse and Bride of Pinbot use the same system. Whirlwind is slightly older (System 11B).

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012

Funhouse was the first game to use Williams WPC hardware. DMDs hadn't been implemented in Williams games yet, so they used the same type of alphanumeric display that System 11 games like Whirlwind used.

It's even more confusing when you consider games like Riverboat Gambler and Dr. Dude, which used System 11 hardware and were released the very same month as Funhouse.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.