Android - Bug Genie Magnet Bug

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I've noticed that sometimes after locking 2 balls, when I shoot the Genie to start multiball, the magnet in front of the Genie activates (moving the ball back and forth) and the ball doesn't fall down the hole when it opens up. When this happens, I have to hit the Genie again and then the magnet stops the ball in front of the Genie (like it should have done the first time) allowing it to fall through the hole and start multiball.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
happened to me quite a few times as well, but I *can* imagine this happening on a real life machine... On my real Rollergames the magnet is rather random like that too, eg. it just won't hold sometimes =)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
happened to me quite a few times as well, but I *can* imagine this happening on a real life machine... On my real Rollergames the magnet is rather random like that too, eg. it just won't hold sometimes =)

I play the real table almost every weekend and I've never seen this happen.

David Smith

Feb 28, 2012
There's a similar bug on iOS too: when shooting the genie to start "Save the Princess", the magnet at the top of the bottle traps the ball (as expected) -- but then the magnet pulses and makes the ball jiggle around. About half the time, when the magnet drops below the playfield to start the mode, the ball does not fall in (because it has been jiggled away from the magnet). If the ball doesn't fall in the hole, "Save the Princess" does not start. I'm pretty sure this doesn't happen on the real table.

Pin Dad

Mar 21, 2012
This didnt happen to me when i first downloaded it but now it seems to happen most times i try to activate multi ball.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
It seems to be an issue in how we handle the calls from emulation and happens on all of the consoles, but those devices that are clamped to 30 fps due to performance seem to experience it more. We have made a few attempts that did not fix it, but we are still looking into this issue.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
It seems to be an issue in how we handle the calls from emulation and happens on all of the consoles, but those devices that are clamped to 30 fps due to performance seem to experience it more. We have made a few attempts that did not fix it, but we are still looking into this issue.

So does this mean the console versions run at 60 fps and we shouldn't see this issue as much as in the iOS and Android versions?

Members online

Members online