Ingame strategy : what do you do in this case ?

SoonPoker

Jul 19, 2012
Just a new thread in order to have your feelings about strategy in a specific situation in the game I exprimented a few days ago.

Situation :

- You've just finish a monster of rock multiball.
- All creature's advancement are reseted.
- You are just under the best score (about 40M under)
- It's your 3rd ball, and you have already get and used 2 extra-balls : the one for the 3rd creature lit, and the one for the replay's score.

As you know it's a little bit risky to restart creature's stories with Franky's multiballs, so what do you do in priority in order to gain 40 M score and ensure the first score ?

Any idea ?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
If Mosh Pit Multiball is up soon on the spinner, get it lit, start Bride, then start Mosh Pit. Throw a ball through the spinner once to add a ball as an insurance policy against Mosh Pit ending prematurely, then complete Bride and wail on the 3X Bride Complete ramp shots. Since you've already completed Bride at least once before (to get to Monsters of Rock), each ramp will be worth at least 1.8M. Timers are stopped during multiball, so you have your leisure to take nice aimed shots at the ramps. You can also throw balls into the Frank ramp to work on a Mosh Super Jackpot, but after the ramp closes, I wouldn't try for the second Super Jackpot and risk exiting Mosh Pit.

If Mosh Pit is not nearby, I'd play Creature, Wolfman and/or Bride, depending on which shots you can make reliably. These three monsters don't require you to hit standup targets and put the ball out of control, so they are safest. Creature is the highest-scoring points-wise (up to 15M per round base value; I think it goes up with each saxophone collection). In several of the PAPA videos of MB, the commentators mention playing an all-Creature strategy as a viable option if you just need a moderate number of points safely and aren't interested in trying to really light up the table.

SoonPoker

Jul 19, 2012
Thanks for your answer.

I underestimate the Mosh Pit Multiball, and have to think of it in this case. I found this shoot a little bit risky because if my shoot is a little too much on the right, I've regularly got a SDTM by the red target ... I have to persevere !

For information, in this situation I've tried to do a right ramp for advance Bride but missed the shot (too much on the right), and get a direct and violent drain in the middle ... So I didn't beat the hi-score (this time !) ...

In several of the PAPA videos of MB, the commentators mention playing an all-Creature strategy as a viable option if you just need a moderate number of points safely and aren't interested in trying to really light up the table.

I'm not sure to understand PAPA's purpose : What do we have to do, according to PAPA, to really "light up" the table, if it's not an all-creature strategy ?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I'm not sure to understand PAPA's purpose : What do we have to do, according to PAPA, to really "light up" the table, if it's not an all-creature strategy ?
Well, Monsters of Rock is what really gets the score going. What they're referring to with the all-Creature strategy is say you're in competition, you have one ball left, and you just need 20M more to get a victory. Playing Creature twice will get you there, and is much safer than some of the other modes.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Well, Monsters of Rock is what really gets the score going. What they're referring to with the all-Creature strategy is say you're in competition, you have one ball left, and you just need 20M more to get a victory. Playing Creature twice will get you there, and is much safer than some of the other modes.

Amusing that "all-creature" and "all-Creature" have essentially opposite meanings here.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.