iOS - Bug Wizard Goal Unlocks?

IHaveTheMagic

Mar 7, 2012
Love this game and can't wait for more tables. I've spent the last week beating all standard and wizard table goals for TOTAN
both for the challenge and because I was curious what would happen to the tilt feature. Selecting Tilt:LOCKED give the message
'Unlock this feature by completing this table's Wizard goals....'.

Well I did that and all the wizard goals have a check mark but I still get the message. What is supposed to happen?
Bug or am I missing something?

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
On mine, it brings up a message that says you won't be able to post your score to the leader board. That's understandable, but it also makes it pointless to turn it off since it just means your local high scores will be impossible to beat.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
What are the wizard goals, anyway? I still can't get past the harem multiball goal to unlock them. I do love the animation of Harem Sneak-In 1 and 2, though. Not sure what animation you get with #3.

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
They are the same as the WPHOF table:
- win the great camel race
- 60 lamp spins
- Rescue the princess
- light the ruby
- win an extra ball

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Wow. I would already be done with all those. 60 lamp spins is the hardest goal on there and it's not all that difficult. Is it just me or do half the tables have easier wizard goals than standard? This was even the case on the original collections. Black Hole, Jive Time, and Sorceror were beasts if I remember correctly. Oh, and Funhouse had one standard goal that was difficult to pull off as well. Not difficult to do, just not a lot of opportunity.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
Wow. I would already be done with all those.

Yeah, I have done my best to imagine how H-A-R-E-M multiball is a standard goal on this table. The locks are almost always lit, between the bazaar, the secret lock, and the all-too-easy G-E-N-I-E hits, and then when they're not you have to catch the ball and wait out the tiger loop timer before shooting for the left orbit from a stand-still. Simply earning an extra ball is easily ten times easier. I'm really hoping that this goal is easier with the physical trigger flipper control in the forthcoming XBLA build than it is on iOS, but a friend of mine who has played on a practical TotAN table tells me that harem multiball is a pretty rare event in general. It looks like Popadiuk never meant for this to be a main scoring mode. It just seems like the perfect candidate for a wizard goal.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Yeah, I have done my best to imagine how H-A-R-E-M multiball is a standard goal on this table. The locks are almost always lit, between the bazaar, the secret lock, and the all-too-easy G-E-N-I-E hits, and then when they're not you have to catch the ball and wait out the tiger loop timer before shooting for the left orbit from a stand-still... It just seems like the perfect candidate for a wizard goal.
I've managed to spell out H-A-R-E-M on the Williams Collection version of TotAN, but between the buggy detection on the 360 and interference from Lock and Tiger lights, it's a very rough basic goal. Not sure why "60 Lamp Spins" is a wizard goal, that's dead simple to do. The two could stand to be switched.

Hopefully FarSight fixed the H-A-R-E-M letter issue in TPA?

...but a friend of mine who has played on a practical TotAN table tells me that harem multiball is a pretty rare event in general.
Unless you spend the time to build up the Harem Jackpot value (via the jet bumpers, which are not exactly easy things to hit on TotAN), it's generally fairly low-scoring compared to other things you could be doing, so most players won't bother trying to start it up. It also takes enough left orbit shots - that are usually preempted by Tiger or Lock lights - that it doesn't accidentally get started on its own.

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
I just can't get the left lane shot consistently on my Galaxy S to reach this goal. On PS3 I have no problem with it but on my phone it's too much hit and miss.

Extrema22

Feb 25, 2012
Hah, the H.A.R.E.M. goal has been on my to-do list since the beginning, and I got to 4 letters several times but uuugh is it hard! And the Wizard goal list looks pretty easy indeed compared to this, ah well, one day!

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
I struggled mightily to start harem multiball on iPhone (and never did do it). And then I got it on the first day of the Xbox release. Took me something like 5 or 6 tries. It's just sooo much easier with physical switches controlling the flippers for some reason. I think a lot of game designs are very well suited to the touchscreen interfaces on smartphones. But pinball just doesn't seem to be one of them. I'll likely still buy my all time favorite tables on iOS, but I'm certainly considering the 360 version my main.

Members online

Members online