Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday SPA

Rage

Apr 25, 2017
Ok, maybe I'm a week late for happy birthday for the PC version, and a month for consoles, but I was just thinking with Christmas coming up that SPA has come out with only 1 stinking table (GB) in an entire year. GB does not stink but what stinks is the 1 table. If you exclude the TPA tables, that's 4 tables (although GB is TPA too) since launch. I'm starting to think the Congress moves a little faster than Farsight. With Christmas coming up it would be nice to have a nice little bundle of 4 or 5 tables to buy. Remember, GB was in last year's bundle pack with Mustang so one could say no new bundles in over a year. :confused:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Ok, maybe I'm a week late for happy birthday for the PC version, and a month for consoles, but I was just thinking with Christmas coming up that SPA has come out with only 1 stinking table (GB) in an entire year. GB does not stink but what stinks is the 1 table. If you exclude the TPA tables, that's 4 tables (although GB is TPA too) since launch. I'm starting to think the Congress moves a little faster than Farsight. With Christmas coming up it would be nice to have a nice little bundle of 4 or 5 tables to buy. Remember, GB was in last year's bundle pack with Mustang so one could say no new bundles in over a year. :confused:

Ehhh, Farsight is not as bad as Pro Pinball Ultra. We did get a fix for the crashing in Star Trek, so that's another big plus.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Wouldn't be so bad if we had confirmation of better upcoming releases than Big Buck Hunter and Whoa Nellie. And who knows when those will even release.

Hopefully the renewed Metallica license means we'll be getting that in 2018.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I don’t expect frequent scheduled additions to SPA. But I would like a proper Ghostbusters release on iOS. I don’t consider what we have currently to be acceptable/playable. If they are released so infrequently, then I want it near perfect when there finally is a release. GB felt rushed and incomplete.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I don’t expect frequent scheduled additions to SPA. But I would like a proper Ghostbusters release on iOS. I don’t consider what we have currently to be acceptable/playable. If they are released so infrequently, then I want it near perfect when there finally is a release. GB felt rushed and incomplete.

I agree, I would say on iOS it is zero new releases. If anything, the state of the platform is worse today than it was a year ago - launch bugs still not fixed on AC/DC (no instant info) and Star Trek (Alpha quadrant arrow insert never lights up). The Ghostbusters release brought us an unfinished Ghostbusters table and introduced new bugs (pro mode joystick stuck on all tables, graphics totally horked on Ripley's). One good note, the inserts on HRC have been fixed.

I enjoyed SPA more than probably any other iPad game throughout 2017 - Mustang and AC/DC are triumphs, right up there with the best tables that Farsight has ever done. But after having been looking forward to Ghostbusters and waiting for so long, it's a bit disappointing to have it come out and break the platform and be sitting here a month later wondering when it will ever be fixed.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
I honestly thought Farsight was trying to copy what Zen was doing with their pinball game, bring out a pack of tables every 3-6 months, plus they had that you could transfer your previously owned tables from TPA to SPA on the same systems for the Stern tables.

Last edited:

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
I honestly thought Farsight was trying to copy what Zen was doing with their pinball game, bring out a pack of tables every 3-6 months, plus they had that you could transfer your previously owned tables from TPA to SPA on the same systems for the Stern tables.

I think ZEN has done some awesome work with FX3, giving all systems the same platform to work from. No matter if you are on a PC, Playstation, Xbox or Switch. Also the same tables on all platforms (except for the Switch a.t.m.). And then the 2 free tables they have given us last week!

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Wouldn't be so bad if we had confirmation of better upcoming releases than Big Buck Hunter and Whoa Nellie. And who knows when those will even release.

Hopefully the renewed Metallica license means we'll be getting that in 2018.

Well, Whoa! Nellie! was promoted in last year's "12 days of Christmas". So it should be next for 2018. Followed by Big Buck in 2019. As much as I like Metallica, we'll probably get that in 2020 if we do. What I'm curious to see is what bugs will be added to the existing tables in SPA.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I think ZEN has done some awesome work with FX3, giving all systems the same platform to work from. No matter if you are on a PC, Playstation, Xbox or Switch. Also the same tables on all platforms (except for the Switch a.t.m.). And then the 2 free tables they have given us last week!

I agree, they are honestly killing it right now. I haven't experienced any noticeable bugs with the PC launch, the online tournaments are a blast, and we've now had 5 new tables in 2 months of existence.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.