Please add Xperia or physical button mappings....

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkuni

Jul 26, 2012
This has been eluded to in other posts, but I'll add my +1 here.

Can you add physical button mappings to TPA? Xperia Play support would be optimum because it would give that whole market a huge bonus - but any actual keyboard/keymapping would do.

Essentially, for Zen Pinball, I can remap my Wii controller (via USB/BT Joycenter). I've created configurations for it, as well as tons of tutorials (see here: http://wiki.greenrobotgamer.com/tec...d=using_usb_bt_joystick_center_for_most_games)

If this could be added, it would really make a huge difference - because we all know pinball and buttons go together (and I loathe touch screen play with pinballs).

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Yep I'd +1 this too. Controller support I think is something the guys want to implement. The "Latest News" thread (General forum) has a list of features the forum thinks would be beneficial for the platform as a whole.

And an official welcome to the forum! ;-)

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I agree - touch screen is not nearly consistently responsive enough for pinball. Way to many drains from flippers going unresponsive at the wrong time (I use a Sprint htc).

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
This is definitely on our list, hopefully when we get some new programmers we will have a lot more time to get to our want list, but I have not forgotten about this.

darkuni

Jul 26, 2012
Thanks Ryan. Anything will do - most of us can remap :)

Nik, yes, you can always do "touch mapping" but it's clunky. I know SixAxis let's you do profiles, but I'd prefer to use USB/BT which DOES touch mapping, but no means to save/reload it.

Still needs root, of course.

Fireplace

Jan 14, 2013
Xperia play button support would be great. Also without rooting your phone, unless I can be convinced otherwise.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Why does installing a program to let you use a controller for your phone require rooting?

N

Nik Barbour

Why does installing a program to let you use a controller for your phone require rooting?

It's the touch mapping that requires root.
Plus in the case of 'Sixaxis' it temporarily installs its own bluetooth drivers to get around issues with htc & Samsung devices where L2CAP support isn't in place - this again requires root access (this has benefits of its own, JB 4.2.1 has botched bluetooth connectivity, but with 'Sixaxis' no problem).

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I know SixAxis let's you do profiles, but I'd prefer to use USB/BT which DOES touch mapping, but no means to save/reload it.

Still needs root, of course.

I may have misunderstood what you were saying there, but USB/BT lets you export and import maps. I do it all the time to switch between Beat Hazard, TPA portrait, and TPA landscape.

The touch mapping is saved when you make modifications to the current touch profile and export the changes.

The user guide explains the process more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts