Greetings from New Hampshire, USA

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Hello everyone,

This seemed like a nice community so I thought it would be worth my time to register so I could contribute every once in a while.

I always loved pinball when I was a kid (born in '83) but I was more recently bitten by the bug when I picked up a copy of the Williams HoF for my 3DS last year. Since then I've been following up other avenues to scratch the pinball itch like Virtual Pinball, Zen Pinball, Pinball Arcade, and (when I'm lucky enough) real machines. I prefer the virtualizations of real machines over "video game" machines, though, so I'm a huge fan of this game.

Anyway, I'll probably just wind up lurking for the most part, but I thought it was worth it to drop in and say hello.

Cheers.

darkuni

Jul 26, 2012
Another fellow 'newb! Welcome.

I love HoF on 3DS. The 3D is really dang cool. I can't WAIT to play it on the XL in a couple weeks!

Pop Sergeant

Jul 26, 2012
Welcome Bass Mummy! Same here ... lurking semi-professionally for a long time and finally broke down and registered for mostly the same reason -- the tech support here is awesome and everyone seems to tell it like it is without trolling. Good crowd!

Cheers!

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Another fellow 'newb! Welcome.

I love HoF on 3DS. The 3D is really dang cool. I can't WAIT to play it on the XL in a couple weeks!

I agree about the 3D. It helps the ball to stand out on the smaller screen. The XL is looking tempting, but I just bought the new Nexus tablet, so my gadget budget is a little thin for now. I'll have to wait that one out for a bit.

Welcome Bass Mummy! Same here ... lurking semi-professionally for a long time and finally broke down and registered for mostly the same reason -- the tech support here is awesome and everyone seems to tell it like it is without trolling. Good crowd!

Cheers!

Thanks. Yeah, I also noticed that the tech support here seems really good. Fast, too. It's nice to see reps from the company following community feedback so closely. That's so rare in a developer, so you really have to give Farsight credit in that respect.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
NH is a great place to be living if you're in to Pinball. You're lucky enough to be fairly close to both Funspot and The Pinball Wizard arcades. Not too bad of a deal!

Birdorf

May 15, 2012
Hello there Bass Mummy, what a warm welcome you've had, I joined a couple of weeks ago and everyone ignored me... I'm not bitter and twisted though...

Anyway I used to have a 3DS with Zen Pinball, which I really enjoyed, I've now got a 3DS XL and am wondering if Marvel Pinball is as good. Have you tried it?

darkuni

Jul 26, 2012
Hello there Bass Mummy, what a warm welcome you've had, I joined a couple of weeks ago and everyone ignored me... I'm not bitter and twisted though...

Anyway I used to have a 3DS with Zen Pinball, which I really enjoyed, I've now got a 3DS XL and am wondering if Marvel Pinball is as good. Have you tried it?

I have. It's good. But I swear some of the tables are gimped down - like some of the missions, etc. are scaled down. But, I haven't spent the time to prove it.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012

Well, if it's any consolation, I also happened to join the same night that the Android update dropped, so I think that contributed to relatively high forum activity at the time.

I have both Zen and Marvel Pinball on the 3DS and I enjoy Marvel Pinball much more which seems to be the exception to the rule. The tables just seem to have more interesting mechanics and rulesets to me. I particularly like the Captain America table for its different challenges and the Blade table which has a very interesting shopping mechanic and both a night and day mode. I may be biased, though since I tend to prefer tables with strong themes.

Compare that to Zen, where the only table I really like on the 3DS is Excalibur.

Birdorf

May 15, 2012
Cheers, I'll probably give it a whirl.

I sent my old 3ds back with a fault and decided I'd wait for the new model, what I didn't realise was that you can't re-download the games you've payed for, so I'm reluctant to buy Zen again.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Well, if it's any consolation, I also happened to join the same night that the Android update dropped, so I think that contributed to relatively high forum activity at the time.

And not long after the XBox players got riled up by some long-overdue activity on the XBox release, even if it was (for now) nothing but a title update that improved the DMD.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts