Pinball Arcade On The iPad 3

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Apple announced today that the iPad 3 will have more memory, higher resolution, and more processing power than a Xbox 360! Does this mean TPA will look and perform better on the iPad3 than a Xbox?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Wow, that's pretty impressive. When is the iPad 3 launching? Sounds like I might have to sell my iPad 2. :)

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Mine is preordered, and will hopefully get here next week. I'm giving the iPad 2 to my wife (so she's happy as well). That darn retina screen is what sold me on it. It was such a huge jump from the 3GS to the iPhone 4s, and I imagine it'll be a huge jump from the iPad 2 to the "New iPad" (whatever, it's the 3!).

Cowboy

Feb 23, 2012
I've got me a "new" iPad ordered too....stepping up from the iPad 1 I know it's going to be HUGE !

I do lots of reading on it (books and magazines ) so I know that retina display going to make a big difference.

I think the processor is going to make a big difference too...no more laggyness in Zen Pinball....hip hip hooray...lol :)

Cowboy

Feb 23, 2012
Also....I'll post back how the game works using "airplay" on a TV....I haven't seen anyone try that yet !

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I've got me a "new" iPad ordered too....stepping up from the iPad 1 I know it's going to be HUGE !

I do lots of reading on it (books and magazines ) so I know that retina display going to make a big difference.

I think the processor is going to make a big difference too...no more laggyness in Zen Pinball....hip hip hooray...lol :)

That's going to be a huge upgrade for sure!

Cowboy

Feb 23, 2012
Just thought I would post this over here for anyone that might miss it on PA Facebook page :)

For those getting a "new" iPad....have I got news for you !

Just tried Pinball Arcade on it....It looks TONS better on it with no update whatsoever.....Absolutely incredible.....this screen is so good it doesn't even look like a computer screen.....it looks like print !

The flippers are so sharp and slick....no jaggies like on my iPad 1 at all....everything, even the menus are better and faster !

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Mine is still on a truck, driving around the city. Funny thing is, I have two UPS orders arriving today, both on different trucks. I'm almost certain the first delivery will NOT be the iPad, just to mess with me. Also, I've had to go to the bathroom for 2 hours, but I'm holding it until my wife gets home because I know they'll show up if I go (and then, of course, it'll be the iPad delivery first, not the other one).

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Mine is still on a truck, driving around the city. Funny thing is, I have two UPS orders arriving today, both on different trucks. I'm almost certain the first delivery will NOT be the iPad, just to mess with me. Also, I've had to go to the bathroom for 2 hours, but I'm holding it until my wife gets home because I know they'll show up if I go (and then, of course, it'll be the iPad delivery first, not the other one).

I hope you didn't hurt your bladder, man! You know you can pre-sign for Apple stuff and have them leave it on your doorstep, right?

Cowboy

Feb 23, 2012
Great news, man! Sounds pretty amazing. I may have to sell my iPad2 :)

Once you see one in person the first time....you'll have to get it.....it is the most impressive screen I have ever seen, period.

It improves everything I have tried on it....even 2X iPhone apps look WAY better !

Cowboy

Feb 23, 2012

LOL.....that sounds like us today.....We were liked "Can't get to far from the door...Can't make any loud noise so we might miss the doorbell"....lol

Cowboy

Feb 23, 2012
I hope you didn't hurt your bladder, man! You know you can pre-sign for Apple stuff and have them leave it on your doorstep, right?

You know we tried that with the a iPhone here a few years ago and for some reason Apple wasn't letting Fed Ex drivers accept those for the launch deliveries...We had the note taped to the door and everything in case we missed him.....luckily we didn't miss him because he said the signing early wouldn't be accepted because of a special request from Apple on those deliveries.

Sure makes it easier though !!

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, you can't sign anything for the Apple stuff, you have to get it in person. I get tons of packages, and have stickers or authorization for all the major couriers to leave it at my door, but they won't with the Apple stuff.

I ended up using facetime between two laptops, with one of them pointing out the window, so I could see if any trucks were pulling up :D

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts