The 50 Most Awesomely Innovative Pinball Machines of All Time

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
And right now (time of this post), 13 of that list is in TPA......With Banzai Run being 14 if the rumor is true.

Jay

May 19, 2012
Thanks for posting this. It's nice to see a mix of familiar classics and rarities.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Some of their selections are pretty silly and arbitrary, and I'm surprised that a list of 50 pins didn't include things like first DMD, but overall I appreciate the sense of humor the article has and it's just a good, fun read. Even learned about a few pins I didn't already know about. Very nice article, thanks, Flippy.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yep, that was a fun read. And huge points (like 150 of 'em) for including NBA Fastbreak because of its low point totals. That's always been my main argument for why we need it in TPA, unlikely as hell that it will ever happen. I've played quite a few of the 'rare' machines listed too; Pinball Circus, Orbitor 1, Big Bang Bar, Spectrum. His listing of Cirqus Voltair as rare cracked me up as it's in many of the homes we play league pinball at.

Flippy

Jun 8, 2014
While we were working on the post I was like "NO ELVIRA?!" or "WHERE'S CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON?!"
But he explained it was more ground-breaking stuff than just plain awesome.

Adam's new book is great. The Jersey Jack parts are really interesting.

Hey, you oughta have him on your podcast.
Dude knows pinball. PM me if you want his contact.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Interesting that this article has Gorgar and Whirlwind on his list, but not Earthshaker which actually 'shook', and Flash which is the first game with background 'music'.

I realize this is his opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.