Bug Flipper failures

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
The flippers keep failing on me, often at the worst possible times. They'll either not respond when I touch the screen, or they will drop while I'm trapping the ball, even though my finger never moves. It seems to happen most often during multiball. If I trap one ball, then attempt a trap on the opposite flipper, the currently held flipper will often drop. If it doesn't, when I release one flipper, both of them drop. At least 40% of my drains occur due to these problems.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
HTC Rezound: Ive seen my flippers be unresponsive on some of the newer dlc tables. I cannot recall specific tables but the flippers will quickly stop working even though I am touching the screen. It could be lag, not sure.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
HTC Rezound: Ive seen my flippers be unresponsive on some of the newer dlc tables. I cannot recall specific tables but the flippers will quickly stop working even though I am touching the screen. It could be lag, not sure.
Could be, since it seems to happen most often during multiball, or other times when there is a lot going on.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
On my Sidekick 4G, I've occasionally seen stuck flippers, which behave exactly like a stuck flipper on a real pinball machine. Sometimes you can unstick them by tapping the button, sometimes not (again, just like in reality).

I suspect it's a touch driver issue, not a TPA bug per se. When it happens, touch becomes generally wonky even outside of TPA.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
yeah sounds like your threads are starving, aka lag. This can happen on older devices, or devices that are loaded up on apps, lots of stuff running in the background, bad firmware, etc. Many possible things could cause this unfortunately.

Judi Chop

May 10, 2012
Is this something that just happens with touchscreen phones. Seems like I might have a slightly different issue. But if i hold the flipper up for an extended period, it seems like it just times out and the flipper drops. I have a droid razr maxx, so definitely not a phone that lacks the ability to run this. Frustrating during multiball play when you want to cradle a ball and hold it there being its limited to about 20 seconds before it drops the flipper.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Is this something that just happens with touchscreen phones. Seems like I might have a slightly different issue. But if i hold the flipper up for an extended period, it seems like it just times out and the flipper drops. I have a droid razr maxx, so definitely not a phone that lacks the ability to run this. Frustrating during multiball play when you want to cradle a ball and hold it there being its limited to about 20 seconds before it drops the flipper.
That happens to me once in a while as well, but not as often as failures. My phone doesn't have a lot of apps or other things on it, but it has the lowest storage space capacity.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
its an android event thing it seems, we have tried to fix it to no avail. Doesnt happen on every device though so it makes me think that it is a driver thing

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
its an android event thing it seems, we have tried to fix it to no avail. Doesnt happen on every device though so it makes me think that it is a driver thing
Yep, not much that can be done. Thanks for trying. At least now I have a more stable platform to enjoy TPA on!

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Still tempted to get a Droid. Maybe a tablet. As your TPA Guys are the MOST helpful/informative :)

Members online

Members online