iOS Version 1.1.5 Bugs and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, unfortunately, I don't think any of the older tables were updated this time around. (MM flipper gap, BH lower playfield rules, etc.)

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
It made me create new account. I used the same info as previous and replied to the confirmation email and it said it was successful. Now I get an error when I try to log in. I can still play the tables but cannot access the leaderboards.

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
Looks like there were no fixes on any of the older tables. I didn't have to redownload any of them, and the flippers are still too far apart in MM. Other than the two new tables, it looks like this update was focused on adding Game Center and the new Pinball Arcade "Analytics" account for tracking high scores independently of Facebook. (This makes sense, as you generally don't want to try to address too many issues in a single update. Makes it really hard to test.)

As for the new tables, I've only tried Black Knight so far. I was going to say "something must be wrong with the sound, because there's an annoying laser sound effect happening over and over even when no targets are being hit", but apparently that's just what the game actually sounds like:

http://pinball.org/videos/gameplay-videos/black-knight/

Off to try CFTBL. :)

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
Okay, just finished my first game of CFTBL. Didn't do too well, but that's to be expected for the first try (never played the real thing). Main thing I wanted to mention is how cool the hologram looks. I wonder how they managed to make that look realistic.

If you need some help with this table (as I certainly do), check out Bowen Kirens' great tutorial video:

http://pinball.org/videos/tutorials/creature-from-the-black-lagoon/

gjarnling

Jun 12, 2012
Yeah, unfortunately, I don't think any of the older tables were updated this time around. (MM flipper gap, BH lower playfield rules, etc.)

thanks for the info, won't post any bugs in older tables then since they are already known (and hopefully being looked into).

gsxrboy

Feb 21, 2012
The Black Knight magnasave buttons are a bit of a reach on iPad, don't know how useful they will be all the way up there!

As mentioned above, by others, no redo downloads of any other tables, so no fixes for them.

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
Only issue I've noticed with CFTBL so far: it has the same problem with the high score initial entry as one of the other tables (Theatre of Magic, I think), wherein you have to hit the right or left arrow about 20 times to get it to move over just one letter. Seems to be enough time to get my initials entered anyway, but it's pretty annoying. Anyone else noticed this?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The Hall of Fame points in Game Center are a nice touch, but I hope they'll add GC leaderboards for each table too.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It made me create new account. I used the same info as previous and replied to the confirmation email and it said it was successful. Now I get an error when I try to log in. I can still play the tables but cannot access the leaderboards.

I also had (and still have) this problem. I think it might be because my email was already in the database from the newsletter sign up, but I didn't have a password associated with it yet....so it told me I needed to reset my password, which I did via the email....but now it says I need to click the link in the authorization email, except I never got an authorization email. Perhaps they need to add a button to resend the authorization email in cases like this.

In the meantime, I just created a new account with a different email and that worked fine. It imported all my friends from the facebook app, even though it's not my facebook email address.

gsxrboy

Feb 21, 2012
The Hall of Fame points in Game Center are a nice touch, but I hope they'll add GC leaderboards for each table too.

.. and iCloud score saving, goal achievements etc so it's seen/used across multiple devices with the same GC account.

Last edited:

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Can someone please explain the hall of fame scores? Also, do we have to re-earn high scores and whatnot to trigger achievements? Doesn't this make the standard goal achievement impossible to get if we already finished them? It seems to recognize when I've completed wizard goals. Thanks!

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
I registered. But on trying to 'Log In' I get thrown out of whole app!
iPhone4-but still on pre-iOS5

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
Well I figured out it was because I had game center turned off. Logged into game center first, then opened TPA and was successful logging in. Still, the friends I compare scores to are fb friends. When I turn off game center (I don't use it for any other games), then try to log on, it tells me I must have a Facebook account. The problem is, there's nowhere to log into Facebook in the menu. Am I missing something? All my scores are gone and now there's points instead of just the list of scores. I don't care which way I log in, but I'd rather not have to re-add everyone. Does anyone know how I can get it to recognize my Facebook login?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
In Black Knight, the Magna-Save magnets have no sound when activated. Also, when the ball comes down the center ramp, it often seems to hit some invisible obstruction and go flying off to the left.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Well I figured out it was because I had game center turned off. Logged into game center first, then opened TPA and was successful logging in. Still, the friends I compare scores to are fb friends. When I turn off game center (I don't use it for any other games), then try to log on, it tells me I must have a Facebook account. The problem is, there's nowhere to log into Facebook in the menu. Am I missing something? All my scores are gone and now there's points instead of just the list of scores. I don't care which way I log in, but I'd rather not have to re-add everyone. Does anyone know how I can get it to recognize my Facebook login?

I'm not even sure how to turn Game Center off since I always have it on....

Once you're logged in, from the table selection screen, you can toggle between the Game Center Leaderboard and the Facebook Leaderboard by clicking the "Leaderboards" button. The Facebook leaderboard is now called "Farsight Leaderboards" and you should still be able to see all your friends on with the button on the bottom right (I can see your scores there on my Friends list).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts