Bug Initial Entry Screen

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Doesn't seem to be happening to everybody, my initial entry is working just fine. (iOS 5.1.1, iPad 3, TPA 1.0.15)

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
It happens randomly. sometimes it goes fine, other times you need to spam the arrows.

Ipad 1.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Happens to me sometimes, other times not. I've noticed this in the other tables, where I have to tap 2 or 3 times (and hear the chime, so it's supposedly registering) to move the cursor.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I initially (ha) thought I had to spam as well, but actually it seems to just take a second to register because of whatever car sound effect needing to play. Try inputting more slowly waiting that extra half-second and it should be fine.

I don't know if it's a quirk of the actual table or what. I also have an iPad 3rd gen with latest iOS 5 release.

Added: okay I definitely agree there's something wrong here. Using deliberation seems to work for the most part, but I did have a game where the cursor stopped moving after I entered the first two letters and I did have to "spam" the button to get it going again. Sound plays and button graphic "depresses," but the cursor just doesn't move.

Last edited:

GNN

Jul 31, 2012
I had this error on my iPhone yesterday. First time it happened. I had to tap like a crazy man just to get it moving, after a while it was like the cursor moved by itself. Didn't matter if you clicked on the left or right cursor either.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Just encountered this on Android. It made it nearly impossible to enter initials.

It was a relatively high-scoring game for me, in which I'd spent some time in multiball and made one of the wizard goals (if that is at all relevant).

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
When I first updated to the latest version of TPA it took me 10 - 15 button presses to move the cursor once to enter initials. After a delete and re-install it is "slightly laggy" but not too bad. It is still not as responsive as the other DMD games like TOTAN & TOM, but better than it was.

iPad 2 iOS 5.1.1

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I've noticed there's a little bit of "stickiness" in Circus Voltaire as well with the odd tap not registering. Combined with other strange new bugginess in a table I don't believe was updated, I'm wondering if it might share hardware with Creature from the Black Lagoon (another Bally table from the same era - if I'm not mistaken) and therefore if there's an issue with with emulation which is impacting both tables?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Reproduced bug on my TF300T. Could not reproduce it again with reliability. Randomly occurring error.

Kanarie

Aug 2, 2012
Having the same problem here, it's almost impossible to enter those initials. Besides that, on my iPad3 this particular pinball does not remember my highscore for the table.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.