Lousy magna-save position

Jay

May 19, 2012
I thought it was some sort of graphical error, but no -- the magna-save buttons are near the top of the screen and are nearly impossible to reach quickly when playing. They could easily have been placed near the bottom. I used to hit them accidentally on the real table all the time, so I don't see the problem with them being near the bottom.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I thought it was some sort of graphical error, but no -- the magna-save buttons are near the top of the screen and are nearly impossible to reach quickly when playing. They could easily have been placed near the bottom. I used to hit them accidentally on the real table all the time, so I don't see the problem with them being near the bottom.

+100 to this. Adds to the thread I started in the general forum.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I don't know what all the fuss is about, I find it quite easy to hit those buttons;

pinokio.jpg

As you can see below the buttons are in a very realistic position compared to the real table;

14517831.png

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
also, on Android even if you *manage* to get to the buttons in time, they don't seem to activate the magna save: no sound - no magnet grab - no fun... =(

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
The annoying thing is the Magna save is probably the only unusual feature about this table, yet is completely useless as it stands. What I've started doing is just activating it when I have time, i.e. I've just hit the ball up onto the upper level so now I have time to activate it, complete waste of time most of the time obviously! :(. How on earth did they think it was a good idea to put them there? response from FS please!

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
Does Farsight play the table before they release it? A design issue like this should be realized as being not the best when it is this obvious.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
In my opinion they should have been halfway up the screen - at the line where below it is flipper activation and above it is nudging. That way you could flip as close as you liked to the magnasave without it restricting where people flip comfortably.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
In my opinion they should have been halfway up the screen - at the line where below it is flipper activation and above it is nudging. That way you could flip as close as you liked to the magnasave without it restricting where people flip comfortably.

I could get behind that, although I would prefer the bottom corners.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
I could get behind that, although I would prefer the bottom corners.

Bottom corners would completely throw me. I tend to flip down there. My muscle memory is to reach forward/up to activate magnasave. Just not as far as the top of the screen. ;)

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I tend to flip about 2 inches up the screen, and I shake to nudge. Obviously what we need are user placeable buttons as so many other iOS games have done.

Last edited:

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Agree 100%. There are plenty of pins that have extra controls on them. If they ever make Getaway we'll need something to do the gear shifting, for example, and reaching to the top of the screen isn't a good solution. I'm tending to nudge violently instead of hitting the magnasave at the moment. :mad:

darkuni

Jul 26, 2012
My vote is to:

1) make the magna-save work at all
2) make the activation a multi-tap (two presses together) on the side of the screen you want to activate.
3) or ... give us physical controls so we can remap it how we like (on the horizontal Wii controller, I'd map left magna save to "DOWN" on the Dpad and the right magna save to the 1 button. Poof .. problem solved).

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
The Magna-Save buttons will be transferred to the Bottom Two corners

Will the "Launch Ball" button also receive the same treatment? Playing games like Monster Bash and Medievil Madness makes it very hard to hit the Launch Ball button in the top left hand corner of the screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.