Framerate issues

Jay

May 19, 2012
On my iPad 3, when I reached about 1 million points my framerate suddenly plummeted making the game unplayable. When I shot the ball up the left ramp in particular, the game seemed to freeze the ball every few frames.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Same here on iPad 1. Not had it happen the last few times I played it. Just wondering if it's anything to do with achievement notifications.

Jay

May 19, 2012
Not sure. I played about a half-dozen games without a hitch, none of which put me near a million points. It happened only when I broke a million. I played another game right after that and scored just over a hundred thousand, and the table seemed to play fine.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Is it possible that scoring a million was the last of the standard goals you needed, which triggered the achievement notification? That would match up with what I experienced. See if it happens next time you get over a million.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Same here on iPad 2 & iPod... Lots of lag/stuttering after scoring 1 million.

Then after the 3rd ball drained, the high score box didn't come up...

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Same here on iPad 2 & iPod... Lots of lag/stuttering after scoring 1 million.

Then after the 3rd ball drained, the high score box didn't come up...
We're pretty sure it's to do with Game Center notification. In your case it probably occurred because you completed the Standard Goals when you scored 1 million. I got it earlier today when I completed the Wizard Goals. The rest of the time it has been fine.

Assuming you let the stuttering game finish (rather than quitting out of it) it should have saved the fact that you completed the Standard Goals. You shouldn't get the stuttering again until you complete the Wizard ones.

Hope that helps. :)

ridcully

Jun 5, 2012
I have the same problems. However, i still have them, after completing the standard goal of 1 million.

I also have similar problems in Gorgar...

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Yeah. I'm still getting them even though I've completed the Wizard Goals.

There's definitely something funny going on. It normally plays fine until I hit the lit spinner (a standard goal). After that it stutters every time I hit the spinner.

My latest theory is that the different things that record goals etc. (internal achievements, game center and the Hall of Fame) get out of sync. Something like if you're logged in then achieving the goals is setting it correctly in one place but not the other, so the next time you play, even though you have achieved the Standard Goals (for example), it still stutters with the notification for the place it hasn't been set.

When I was logged in I had all the Wizard Goals ticked, but when I logged out they weren't. I've since achieved all the Wizard Goals when logged out, but something's still not right. The lit spinner is killing the framerate every time, regardless of whether I'm logged in or not.

I've now gone into Options and turned Game Center Save: Off. I've lost all my goals but we'll see if it can stop the stuttering...

Update: So far so good. Achieved Standard Goals without stuttering and I've hit the lit spinner plenty of times without a problem. You can still Login to the Hall Of Fame and that doesn't affect it.

Leaderboards are still fine but if you look at Achievements from the main menu, that uses Game Center and kept turning it on every time (fixed by power cycling the iPad - now just gives me a warning message).

So... Options -> Game Center Save: Off is the answer! :)

Last edited:

Jake Lopez

FarSight Employee
Jun 21, 2012
There is a bug with the Standard or Wizard Goals that require the player to reach a certain score to achieve said goal, and afterwards the Framerate issue occurs. This is known and is being worked on to get it fixed. The problem lies somewhere within coding after the goal is reached

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Thanks for the info Jake.

FYI I didn't get the framerate problems at all once I switched off Game Center Save, and that included achieving all Standard and Wizard goals in that state. The problem may not be as simple as that but, as a programmer and software analyst, I would suspect it has some bearing on it.

Good luck with the bug hunting. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.