G-sync issues with V-sync Off

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
V-sync turned off reproduces undesirable results.

With my Dell 1440p Gsync monitor, in Nvidia's Control Panel I deliberately turn on V-sync globally and make sure G-sync is the preferred video sync option (not fixed framerate etc). Then within each game I turn off V-sync.

Issue: TPA produces a less-than-desired screen tear type issue when the camera is panning while V-sync is turned off. Overall the game is less smooth with V-Sync turned off.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I would expect that. TPA is best run with vSync on since it is capped at 60fps anyway. No point trying to make it do something it won't do, any modern GPU will easily run 60fps even at max DSR resolutions.

vvoid

Jun 4, 2018
I've got slightly related issue with my 165Hz G-Sync monitor. Sometimes (have to investigate furhter) the ball is running very jerky and stuttery, more like 20 fps or so. The strange thing is, only the ball seems to be affected, table panning etc. is fine. Got to check how it's supposed to look at all (set 60Hz fixed, like normal monitor)...

You know, the point is, when you're used to 165Hz G-Sync rendering from other games (Visual Pinball, FX2/3) then sadly everything 60Hz is looking stuttery. I'm really sorry for TBA, because I absolutely like these real tables, but the smoothness of esp. FX3 on 165Hz is just incredible. Is there anything planned for TBA in this regard?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts