Whirlwind USB Fan!

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
This request probably has been brought up before, but how cool would it be if FarSight programmed a USB fan to go off at the appropriate moments during gameplay?! This feature would literally blow everyone away along with being a great conversation piece and a go to table. Plus it would be a feature that the other digital pinball competition wouldn't have! I was just playing Whirlwind on the PS3 Williams disc, and the fan would fit perfectly in the USB port. I hope FarSight would consider this feature. Would anyone else want this feature or am I alone on this?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Would probably be too expensive, due to the limited audience and the fact it wouldn't really be used for anything else.

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
I disagree with the limited audience. It would be a great selling point and would be very unique and different from any other table. Plus I don't think fans are too expensive.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Plus I don't think fans are too expensive.
They're not, but they'd have to be custom manufactured, which isn't cheap. If Modern Warfare 3 would be greatly enhanced by a fan, you'd see a ton of them for a good price because they could sell millions, thus the cost per unit would be cheap. I don't think TPA has sold a million units, even if you combine all the platforms.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Being a Whirlwind owner, I can tell you that you really stop noticing the fan even exists after you've played for a while.

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
Oh well it was worth a try. I am not a computer programmer and I didn't know it would take alot to do that. I guess I will just plug in a fan and keep it on when it releases. Lol!

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Oh well it was worth a try. I am not a computer programmer and I didn't know it would take alot to do that. I guess I will just plug in a fan and keep it on when it releases. Lol!
Someone recently did a setup like that - he had his daughter standing by the fan controls while he played WW on PHOF. She would turn it on in the appropriate places, then they'd switch places when he lost his ball.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
This is the type of thing that might make a good "lab project" for an undergraduate electrical/computer engineering student.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.