I think it's time for a moderated full outstanding bug list.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I love TPA on my iPad 3, have bought all the dlc to date and have had many times my money's worth. However I think the list of bugs is getting larger and larger instead of shrinking. On this forum we are quick to point out bugs, some have been pointed out many times, some in their own thread, some in table specific threads, some in IOS version threads. Frankly I think it's becoming a bit of a mess. Farsight Jake said a while ago he was looking to catalogue all these bugs with a list on here saying what the situation is with each of these bugs but so far this hasn't happened. I think it's time a new list was put together so we can all stop reporting the same bugs over and over, hopefully with a member of Farsight taking part and keeping us all up to date.

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
I agree Kevin. Same as you here, bought all the tables and have gotten a lot of enjoyment, but now with this juddering, freeze frame, frame refresh thing hitting users, issues seem to be growing.

We all know TPA is not an easy thing to bring to a multitude of platforms but, in this modern era, it's how things are done. I for one, would like to see the results of some real hardcore bug fixing.

Not a moan here, just a wish for TPA to have a real polish when I play everyday, which I do.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Its so annoying to play a game and still have bugs ruin it almost every time. I just had a game on CV which I haven't played much of and straight away I had the camera not moving to the plunger bug, that bug has been around for months. With the 2 tables a month schedule and new platforms coming online I'm starting to think a lot of the bugs will never be addressed, they just haven't got time.

Anyway a comprehensive list of bugs with a FS team member confirming each bug as a known issue and maybe keeping us informed as to when the bug may be fixed would be appreciated.

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
Had the same with CV Kev. Have to say I just stayed clear before as that table is my least fave. But had a bash this afternoon and those same issues popped up. CV is pretty much a no go for me now.

I'm sure they'll get the issues sorted, but I must admit that I'm starting to feel a bit jittery just like you Kev.

Would really like to see a more input from the Farsight guys on the bug threads on the forum.

Maybe PW, Ryan or Mike could start a thread for Farsight to post responses to bugs in one place rather than splitting between tables and platforms?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Maybe PW, Ryan or Mike could start a thread for Farsight to post responses to bugs in one place rather than splitting between tables and platforms?
I think that might become one gigantic mess of a thread. If I'm having a problem with Cirqus Voltaire on iOS, I know to look first in CV and iOS sections. I don't necessarily want to have to sort through BK button placement issues, PS3 lag complaints, etc.

Really the only inconsistency I've encountered (and sometimes pondered myself when posting a bug) is whether to post on the platform section, the table section, or both.

emb531

Mar 22, 2012
What happened to the Farsight iOS dev? He came on here for like a week and a half, answered a ton of questions, then disappeared. Pretty lame.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Game design companies, especially small developers like FS, have extremely long workdays. If this was EA or Rockstar, they could afford to wait a full year or two, or however many it takes to get it perfect, or as close to perfect as possible. They could also only release on 360 and PS3, then port it to the others when they were fully optimized and free of bugs (or close to it). Unfortunately, they aren't backed by a big publisher, so they have to release on all platforms simultaneously, and a lot of bugs are going to get by. They at least have been good about fixing bugs when they appear, along with other inaccuracies, and hopefully will continue to do so in the future.
The consoles also have much stricter standards as to what they will and will not allow, so those, while hardly bug free, are much more stable, but it also takes longer to get approved (and that's not counting the submission screw ups).

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
It would need to be a database of some kind. I expect that mails to Farsight support will result in a bug being logged if it's reproducible. The forum is good for corroboration and it's pretty clear that Farsight reads this board and continues to post to it (check the recent thread stating that a fix for the Gamecentre-related performance issues is forthcoming). I would not, however, regard posting to the forum as any kind of official bug submission.

If I'm experiencing something I regard as a major issue (something that stops me playing the game) then I mail Farsight report indicating the model and OS rev of the device the detail of the issue and anything I think will help in reproducing it. I'd say that's what everyone else should be doing as well. Just remember to try some basic troubleshooting of your own first like powering your device off and on. I hardly ever do that and whilst my iOS devices can go for months without issues, that doesn't mean something couldn't be happening at an application-level that I can't see which would be cleared by a simple power-cycle.

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
Not sure if this is the right thread to speculate about this, but I feel like FarSight is starting to spread itself out a bit too thin, with the monthly release of two new tables and trying to get all the updates and DLC propagated to the many different platforms TPA runs on. Bugs seem to be piling up, and it seems nothing is being done to address them (at the very least, the latest iOS update didn't fix any outstanding issues at all, and introduced quite a few new problems as well).

Maybe it's time to hire a couple more people before this gets out of hand. I love TPA, but I'm getting increasingly frustrated with the steady decline in QA.

karl

May 10, 2012
I Disagree with many of you on this. Most of the new bugs people complain about now is performance related. The new leader boards and so on. That is always gonna happpen when new features is presented. Not that many bugs in the 2 new tables (yes a few small ones but nothing mayor). If they were just neglecting the old bugs I would worry, but we have been told that bug fixes for old tables are on their way. The only worry I've got is that (especially on Ipad) more features and more tables in the future might make it harder to keep the game smooth. I am astonished by all the performance they have squeezed out of the IPAD so far and I am just afraid more tables will slow the game down somehow. (think 20 tables in 5 months time) Hope I am wrong. I just do not understand that small bugs like the camera not zooming back on the plunger in CV is a game breaker for some. You can still fire the plunger and it does not affect gameplay. It is a bug and I would like it to be fixed but it do not bother me that much (maybe it is just me though). Sorry for dragging on here and I do not mean to put any of you down, keep reporting on the bugs, they will be fixed. On the IOS we have had 12 tables in 6 months and a lot of fix updates. Give them a little time and you will be rewarded :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts