LOGIN Issues/ GameCenter Concerns

Jake Lopez

FarSight Employee
Jun 21, 2012
-There have been many reports of issues regarding the newest update for the iOS. We are all working hard to get this information compacted to what's really happening and why, and as always we appreciate your patience.

There have been a few reports about crashes, these reasons are currrently unknown but are being investigated and I will have updated information as it comes down to me.

-Some have not recieved confirmation emails from the Farsight Login, and the reasons for this are unapparent as well. Ideas to fix this are as follows:
--Check all of your spam/junk mail folders for the confirmation email
--attempt using an alternate email, if possible, just to make sure it is working properly
--there seems to be an issue with business emails and '.EDU' registering, if this is the case, try another email and report back to me on this thread
--If none of these options work, try to go to www.pinballarcade.com/login/resetpassword.php to reset your password

-As far as Login Errors that have been reported, try and ensure to check all case sensitivity for email and password; ensure password length is 8-12 characters, alpha-numeric

-There is also a well known bug/ issue with tables that have a standard OR wizard goal that requires the player to achieve a certain score to unlock said goal. When this happens, there is an issue in coding that will cause the table to drastically slow down in frame rate and play. This is known and is being worked on

-As I'm sure most of you read, another option that seems to be fixing the majority of issues is to either turn your device off and on, or uninstalling and reinstalling the app. As always we appreciate your patience and feedback, please try to keep the feedback as positive as you can. I personally understand the frustration that comes with bugs and delays, so we thank you for your patience.

-ALSO, please respond to this thread with anymore ideas/ issues regarding what I have mentioned above. I am doing my best to track all of these issues, so when responding please try to keep the responses about issues regarding LOGIN and everything else that came with this update. As far as the old table fixes they are implemented but will not be available until a TITLE UPDATE is submitted. Those issues ARE fixed

Lastly, report specific issues regarding GameCenter and anything involved with LeaderBoards.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
I was finding that the Login button from the table selection menu screen was failing to log me in but if I rebooted the iPad, started the app and logged in from the TPA startup screen (before you reach the table selection menu) then it worked every time.

ridcully

Jun 5, 2012
I tried to register with my private email and I also did not get any mail from the login system. However, I used gmail.com which is working. I set up the mail server on my own. I checked the logs and this is what my mail server said:

Code:
Jul 28 07:44:31 mail postfix/smtpd[21083]: connect from pinballarcade.com[50.57.109.248]
Jul 28 07:44:31 mail postfix/smtpd[21083]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from pinballarcade.com[50.57.109.248]: 504 5.5.2 <FarsightServer1>: Helo command rejected: need fully-qualified hostname; from=<ftp@pinballarcade.com> to=<deleted@deleted.deleted> proto=ESMTP helo=<FarsightServer1>
Jul 28 07:44:31 mail postfix/smtpd[21083]: disconnect from pinballarcade.com[50.57.109.248]

I removed my mail from the log... But maybe the log helps you...

Also the url you posted gives a 404 error.

Bride of Trolls

Jul 29, 2012
I have a problem with the GC scores.

The TPA app doesn't send my new scores to the leaderboards. At the moment
i have 2880 points, but my leaderboardscore is still from yesterday morning with
2395. The scores of the other players change, so i went down the the sixth rank.

What's wrong?

My iPad is online, the app says "welcome back, bride of troll", so everything is normal.
GC also works normal with other app, i played a game jetpack joyride and the new
distance was send the GC, just like it should be,

Last edited:

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
I got this iOS Version 1.1.5 Bug with new 'Log In' feature.

I registered-and received the confirmation email.

But on trying to 'Log In' I get thrown out of whole app! :(
Tried closing everything BUT TPA-but still throws me out....

I have an iPhone4-but still on pre-iOS5
Ver. 4.3.1

Got this back-Fingers crossed!

'We are working on a solution as quickly as we can. The programmers are busy fixing the issue and an update will be sent in to apple today, so the issue should be addressed asap'

Thanks

Andy

multivit

Jul 4, 2012
Game Center has recognized my existing completed wizard goals as achievements, but does ignore the standard goals - no matter if I have completed only them or them and the wizard goals so far...

ridcully

Jun 5, 2012
I tried the correct password reset link. I get the same log entries for the mail, and my mail server is still not accepting the mail.

Jake Lopez

FarSight Employee
Jun 21, 2012
Hey all!! Sorry about the link mix-up, minor miscommunication with the programmer and I... Thanks Jeff for the right link for the password reset, I appreciate it. I'm taking all the information you guys have given me around to sort out a solution. Thank you for your input

multivit

Jul 4, 2012
Hello Jake, any news on the upcoming update? I love the program but since the last update made several of the existing tables almost unplayable, it would be great to get more information on this issue - maybe even an explanation how the update messed up so many tables that worked pretty well up until that point....

David Smith

Feb 28, 2012
I tried to register with my private email and I also did not get any mail from the login system. However, I used gmail.com which is working.

I had exactly the same issue. My personal address forwards to gmail.com. Registering with my personal address -- no confirmation email arrived. Registering with my @gmail.com address -- got the confirmation email. But because that's not the address I use with Facebook, no Facebook friend leaderboard for me :(

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts