Most Frustrating Game Ever

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
As I am down to just one Wizard Goal left to complete them all on Funhouse, I have been making a serious attempt at completing that one goal - the 1,000,000 point Trapdoor shot. Why I am having such a tough time with it, I cannot fathom. I completed it multiple times before I'd finished all of my Standard Goals. Anyway, last night I was playing and finally got close only to have, all in one game, the following occur:

- FOUR - yes FOUR - different balls drain by passing through a flipper
- TWO different shots that would have gotten me the 1,000,000 point Trapdoor get screwed up by bugs - one turning into a "Gangway" somehow and the other passing through a wall into the Jet Bumpers.

GRRRRRRR.

Like I said, no idea why I can't seem to hit this shot. I can do every other shot in the game at-will, but not this one for some reason. I could do it easily on PHOF. Heck, I can do it pretty easily in real life. But not TPA. Oh well, I'll knock it out soon enough :)

Tabe

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
This was my last wizard goal for the table. These bugs are annoying,especially the ones that cost you a ball.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
This was my last wizard goal for the table. These bugs are annoying,especially the ones that cost you a ball.

It is even worse when they cost you an entire game when the ball goes missing. I have had that happen a few times when shooting into Rudy's mouth. Sometimes the ball will pass though into the Hideout, but on a rare occasion it will just disappear completely and the attendant does nothing.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
It is even worse when they cost you an entire game when the ball goes missing. I have had that happen a few times when shooting into Rudy's mouth. Sometimes the ball will pass though into the Hideout, but on a rare occasion it will just disappear completely and the attendant does nothing.
Yep, that happened to me last night. I was rolling pretty good, had about 18,000,000 on my first ball and had already earned something like 3 extra balls. I got midnight and the ball. I eventually got the game to spit the ball back out - and I got two of them. I then shot into Rudy's mouth, the game held onto the ball, counted down the Hidden Hallway and locked up and I lost the whole thing. I'd already gotten the 750,000 trapdoor bonus, too, so I was going to have a long time to get the 1,000,000. Grrrr.

Tabe

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Keep on trying, Tabe. The soft spot is different compared to the old PHOF so you just have to get used to it.

It's more annoying that when Midnight Multiball starts the first ball almost all the time is ejected into the left outlane and drains.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
It's more annoying that when Midnight Multiball starts the first ball almost all the time is ejected into the left outlane and drains.
Nudge right after Rudy spits out the first ball, before it leaves the little lane leading up to his mouth. That will alter the ball's trajectory enough to make it hit something other than the outlane.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Keep on trying, Tabe. The soft spot is different compared to the old PHOF so you just have to get used to it.
Yeah, I just can't quite seem to figure out - consistently - where that spot is. Grrr. :)

Since I started nudging immediately after Rudy spits out the ball, this has become a non-issue. Still annoying but nowhere near as frustrating for me as not getting the stupid trapdoor.

Tabe

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
So I finally knocked out this Wizard Goal - but only after having a bug ruin yet another attempt at the 1,000,000 shot. I hit the trapdoor shot four times - only to have the fourth go through the wall and do a "Gangway" instead of hitting the trapdoor for the million points. Grrr.

But I did finally hit it - on a game where I'd never have guessed it. I hit the 500,000 point shot on the first plunge of my first ball and then struggled like mad, having barely 1,000,000 points after my second ball. I'd landed a free ball, though, and soon enough was off to the races. Quite awhile later, I had 81,200,000, drained my final ball and had hit the million point shot. Ya just never know sometimes!

Tabe

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
I am down to just one Wizard Goal. I completed it multiple times before I'd finished all of my Standard Goals.

I'm really starting to resent this. I've reached a point where when I get my last standard goal on a table I just let all my balls drain immediately from there. There's really no reason to separate the goals lists like this. They could just have them in two separate menus if they wanted, to denote some as more challenging than others, but still let you get any goal at any time. It's supremely frustrating to do what you described.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I'm really starting to resent this. I've reached a point where when I get my last standard goal on a table I just let all my balls drain immediately from there. There's really no reason to separate the goals lists like this. They could just have them in two separate menus if they wanted, to denote some as more challenging than others, but still let you get any goal at any time. It's supremely frustrating to do what you described.
Don't know that I would intentionally drain like you're doing but I certainly can relate to the sentiment. I hate that the goal lists are separated and that the Standard Goals just "disappear" after they're completed, as if they never existed.

Tabe

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
I hate that the goal lists are separated and that the Standard Goals just "disappear" after they're completed, as if they never existed.

I hate that too! So much so, in fact, that I started a table goals list thread to preserve them all in one place where you can go to look-up the ones you've already closed out and lost access to. By the way, you don't need to sign your posts on a forum; it tells us who posted it to the left.

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
They could just have them in two separate menus if they wanted, to denote some as more challenging than others, but still let you get any goal at any time.

Absolutely agree. I found that with ToTAN and ToM, getting Wizard goal before completing standard gols. Most irritating.

By the way, you don't need to sign your posts on a forum; it tells us who posted it to the left.

Does it really matter ?

Members online

Members online