Versioning scheme

dyleck

Feb 28, 2012
@Farsight - could you please change this to something more meaningful? For me adding new tables is like quite a big feature that fully deserves a middle number to bump up, while adding autologing not neceserly. And when the physics will be updated then the major number should be increased. Now all updates no matter how small of big always increase the last number which is not convinient (at least for someone who has an technical IT background ;) )

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Not sure how this would make things easier for a user, perhaps to tell what updates are more major and which are bug fixes. I can do it *shrugs* just easier for me to increment the middle, but next update if I remember I can make it 1.4.1, how is that? ;)

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Also, just to inform you of the entire process behind the scenes, our app, as far as google play is conscerned has two version numbers, one is just an integer (for instance we are on version 15 right now). That is the important one. The other one, the 1.0.10 is purely display and makes no difference to the app, compatibility, etc so i can make it any number that makes you happy really. =)

dyleck

Feb 28, 2012
Thanks Ryan. That's cool you have done what I've asked. I know that just a few people will notice that but I am amongst them and if I see that version was changed to 2.0 than I will drop everything (even a box of glycerene :) ) and rush to download that version and see what that major update has introduced. :)

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Thanks Ryan. That's cool you have done what I've asked. I know that just a few people will notice that but I am amongst them and if I see that version was changed to 2.0 than I will drop everything (even a box of glycerene :) ) and rush to download that version and see what that major update has introduced. :)
Dropping a box of glycerin will just make the floor slippery. Dropping a box of nitroglycerin, on the other hand...

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
My pleasure =) it was a good idea

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts