360 - Bug Slowdown on head changes

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I just noticed that the game slows down quite a bit when the head turns. I'm not sure why, but this is the only version I've played so far that does that. Even my phone doesn't have this problem.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
It might be related to the camera pan associated with the head turn. I've noticed that on Android, Black Knight's framerate slows down quite a bit when the camera pans to the upper playfield.

Mind you, given modern 3D hardware, I'm not entirely sure why this would be a problem; camera moves ought to be very low-cost. But it may be that there's something associated that's eating cycles.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Like I said, this is just the Xbox 360 version I'm talking about. The PS3, Vita, and Android versions that I also have do not have the issue.

Animator_pin_fan

Mar 4, 2012
I experienced this last night, but the first time I played it there was no slowdown. Maybe it was because I left my Xbox on running TPA in attract mode for a couple of hours before playing.
Not sure. Is anyone else experiencing this besides us?

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
I am seeing mild slowdowns during the head rotation as well. However, since the ball is being held during those sequences I do not really have any major problems with it.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
Happened to me too. Not a big deal, but it did happen. Does hurt the "play the real thing" feel when it has a "video" issue like this though.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I'm seeing a just barely noticeable slowdown when her head turns. To be honest, I'm not sure I would have noticed had I not been specifically looking for it.

Animator_pin_fan

Mar 4, 2012
On mine it's worse- after the head rotation, on the first multiball everything goes into slow motion!! I accidentally left my xbox on all day again, so I turned it off for awhile and I'll see if that helps any.

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
Just tried it on mine and there's a very slight stutter, but as Serenseven said, I wouldn't have noticed had I not been looking for it.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
It may vary depending on the individual console. However, I have two 360s, and the slowdown is present on both of them. It doesn't break the game, but it's quite noticeable if you jump to 360 from a different platform.

I might sound a bit picky about this, but it's odd how the Xbox 360 version is the only one with the issue.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
After playing the iOS and PS3 versions quite a bit, I noticed it right away on the 360 version, but it doesn't effect gameplay, so it's not a big deal.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
It doesn't bother me, it looks more jittery & mechanical like I would imagine a real motor turning the head would look like.
The real motor, if well maintained, will rotate smoothly.

That being said, the local Bride of Pinbot here often gets confused as to which face she should be displaying. The billion shot becomes much more challenging when you have to go through the full sequence three times to properly trigger Metamorphosis...

Animator_pin_fan

Mar 4, 2012
I guess I've got no credibility here, but on my TPA, the head slows down, and when 2 ball multi-ball begins, it might as well be in slow motion. And I've noticed that CV is also like it's only running at half the frame rate. It's not stuttery, or jerky, but it's almost like the balls start rolling at half speed, and then back to normal, and then half speed. Could this by my Xbox? Or does anyone else experience this?

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
@Animator
No problems besides the small slowdown while turning the head and my xbox is from 2008. You play with 1080p/hdmi? Maybe you should try to redownload the game + updates.

Animator_pin_fan

Mar 4, 2012
Redownloading was the first thing I tried, but to no effect. And all the other tables besides CV and BOP play perfectly, so I'm sure it's not the HDMI. Could it be that my 360 is an older version?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Animator, that is strange. This is the only time I've seen a slow down. It's very smooth otherwise.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts