Request New DMD color and lighting

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
New DMD color and lighting please

After playing the new dlc's for xbox I'm very pleased to see how good looking the implemented DMD in CV is. It looks much better then the standard DMD because:

- the color isn't as orange as the normal one
- the CV DMD ist bright, it shines and has great lighting

I would like to see this type of DMD as the standard one in the upper left corner for all the tables please. :)

Last edited:

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Yeah, I agree! I love the soft glow, and it is still nicely readable.

On a sidenote, I never really liked the thick chrome border the normal DMD has, maybe something more subtle would be nice... I really love playing CV with just the machine on the screen!

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
My one complaint about the Cirqus Voltaire DMD is that on some phones in landscape, it's just too small to read, and the HUD setting won't stick. But that is not a problem with the DMD color/filter itself.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Yeah, I agree! I love the soft glow, and it is still nicely readable.

On a sidenote, I never really liked the thick chrome border the normal DMD has, maybe something more subtle would be nice... I really love playing CV with just the machine on the screen!

Wouldn't it be incredible to play it in vertical orientation, (tate), on a big tv?
I have a pioneer Kuro plasma, and although I can't really be turning that baby 90 degrees, I'd definitely use a bedroom Lcd or get another display for pinball arcade and my cave shooters!

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
After playing the new dlc's for xbox I'm very pleased to see how good looking the implemented DMD in CV is. It looks much better then the standard DMD because:

- the color isn't as orange as the normal one
- the CV DMD ist bright, it shines and has great lighting

I would like to see this type of DMD as the standard one in the upper left corner for all the tables please. :)

Both DMD's are the same artwork and same color. The only difference is when it's on the table the post processing is applied to it (because it's a 3D art asset). We don't apply post processing to the HUD (2D HUD/Menu asset), so we had to tweek it's render calls with extra brightness to get it as close as we could. I'm not sure how much more we can do.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Both DMD's are the same artwork and same color. The only difference is when it's on the table the post processing is applied to it (because it's a 3D art asset). We don't apply post processing to the HUD (2D HUD/Menu asset), so we had to tweek it's render calls with extra brightness to get it as close as we could. I'm not sure how much more we can do.

Any chance we can get more tables retrofitted with the DMD in the backglass like CftBL though Mike?

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Thanks Mike for your post! :)
Maybe you guys find a way to improve the DMD in future updates, but there are more important things for sure. Right now, the DMD is still better than the old one.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Yes, though mine looks more like the old DMD with a boxed filter over it than a true dot matrix. Then again, I'm using a SD tv, while this game was designed for widescreen HD.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
My one complaint about the Cirqus Voltaire DMD is that on some phones in landscape, it's just too small to read, and the HUD setting won't stick. But that is not a problem with the DMD color/filter itself.

Settings persistence is a problem for all settings on Android. Every time I restart the game, I need to configure how the Tilt works (Switch from touchscreen to shake).

And regarding the visibility of CV DMD, I also find on the SGS2 that the playfield-rendered DMD gets horizontal banding on it, because the phone screen simply can't render the pixels correctly at that size.

Even on the TF300T Which has a 720p screen, you can see the horizontal banding (although it is *very* subtle and you have to know it's there to see it).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.