360 - Bug Leaderboard issue

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Some are saying the leaderboards aren't working. Can you see the leaderboards for the launch tables?

I'll need to contact MS Dev support about it, if it doesn't start working.

The problem is that our development hardware uses a separate leaderboards server than production, so it's not something I can test here.

All the info I can get will help.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
Every new table I tried never got past Loading...

Didn't try the older tables, but I did notice that on the newer tables trying to go left right, click the triggers, etc. to change the leaderboard had no effect.

Carpy

May 7, 2012
Old Tables are presenting scores if you open them first, but no scores at all for the new tables and if you open up one of the new tables first you can't access the scores of the older tables

MSN1983

Aug 1, 2012
I don't seem to have any problems with achievements. Got all 4 with no problem. Hope the scores we already have will count.

MikeBRG

Aug 1, 2012
Hi Mike

Just bought the two new table packs - the leaderboards don't seem to be working for any of the tables, including the old ones at the moment. All I'm getting is the 'Loading...' message. Don't think it's updating or posting scores for any tables either... I'd just beat my best score on MM too ;)

EDIT - as someone noted above, the old table leaderboards are working as long as you don't try and view a new table leaderboard first. Have'nt been able to test if they are updating properly though. Scrolling onto the new tables brings up a 'None' message presumably meaning no scores have been posted?

Last edited:

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
I don't seem to have any problems with achievements. Got all 4 with no problem.

No, you didn't. At some point they will be added to xbox.com, and it will appear that you don't have them. Your offline and online gamerscores will be out of sync, and you will have to recover your profile and re-earn the achievements to unlock them for real.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
The leaderboards and achievements get added by a special file in the DLC. The fact that the achievements show up tells me that that file should be working properly. I'm not sure why some have issues with achievements and others do. I asked Dev Support why some experience problems with achievements and why the leaderboards don't load.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
And I have lost all my table goals because of this achievement thing where you recover your gamertag. I'll imagine things will be better after Thursday when the update works. They unlock, but check your score total for TPA.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
The leaderboards and achievements get added by a special file in the DLC. The fact that the achievements show up tells me that that file should be working properly. I'm not sure why some have issues with achievements and others do. I asked Dev Support why some experience problems with achievements and why the leaderboards don't load.

Mike, to clarify, nobody is having any problem unlocking the DLC achievements on their local console. But since Microsoft have not yet added them to the xbox.com database for the title, they cannot be reported back to Xbox LIVE, which will eventually cause a synchronization issue when they are added on the backend. This has happened with numerous other titles. Two I can think of off-hand that I personally experienced are Costume Quest and Enslaved.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Mike, to clarify, nobody is having any problem unlocking the DLC achievements on their local console. But since Microsoft have not yet added them to the xbox.com database for the title, they cannot be reported back to Xbox LIVE, which will eventually cause a synchronization issue when they are added on the backend. This has happened with numerous other titles. Two I can think of off-hand that I personally experienced are Costume Quest and Enslaved.

This could be the case with the leaderboards, if they aren't on xbox live they probably wont work yet.

Also thanks for clarifying that.

Last edited:

pghjerry

Aug 1, 2012
I doubt if Microsoft will even fix it, since they have both DL packs listed on their website as May releases, so FarSight misses out on these being featured as New releases on the Xbox dashboard.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
The same thing happened when Zen released the Avenger Chronicles pack. I have gotten all of the achievements that day, but it didn't show. It was what Beelzebozo stated. It wasn't until I recovered my gamertag and redid the achievements is when it counted.

Beanz

Aug 2, 2012
Can we have some sort of official update on the online leaderboard thing if at all possible please?
Hardly anybody seems bothered about this issue but to myself and my friends the lack of online leaderboards is an absolute gamebreaker.
I've already stopped my friends from buying the two table packs (unfortunately, I'd already picked them up before the lack of leaderboards was widely known) and none of us will be purchasing future packs if online leaderboards aren't a feature.

Any update would be appreciated thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.