360 Pack #3 Gameplay Video

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

The lighting looks amazing, IMO.

This is the pack I've been waiting for the most.

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Awesome! Tables look good, and the physics look tight! Not to mention that MB is a top 5 table (number 5 on Pinside right now, but I'm sure that X-Men LE will not remain in the top spot for very long, once more votes come in.

brad

Jun 23, 2012
Both look amazing. That video should be available on the 360 dashboard. Is it somewhere?
Monster Bash is the table that got me back into pinball, showed me how deep the game had become, love it.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I've been enjoying these on Android, but the Monster Bash table is so busy that my little phone screen doesn't do it justice.

Gorgar is an old favorite from PHoF; I recently encountered the real table at Funspot/ACAM's wall of pins, and liked that too.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Those both look fantastic. I really like how they emphasize the lights, but still manage to keep the playfield bright and visible.

Huffster

Jul 31, 2012
I posted this news two days ago in the DLC release thread, but it was so packed with posts it probably got missed my most. Anyhow, I am looking forward to pack #3 because Gorgar was my favorite table in PHoF and in real life. I think I'm in the minority there, but there are just too many good memories playing that particular table back in Jr. High at the roller rink. lol. It really was an incredibly cool thing to hear the machine talk, which no pinball had ever done before. I was mesmerized at the voice and artwork and threw a ton of cash into that thing. :) BTW: I even set my xbox quote as "Gorgar Speaks!"

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
I just have a quick comment about the drop targets on Gorgar. At 44 seconds into the video on the first part, the player completes the three drop targets in the middle of the playfield, but when the third target was hit it never dropped and the other ones popped up instantly. This is not the case in a real machine as shown in this video. Notice how all of the targets are dropped for a bit before popping back up. I am not sure if the behavior happens in other tables as well, but it is something I would like to see corrected if they are going for realism.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I just have a quick comment about the drop targets on Gorgar. At 44 seconds into the video on the first part, the player completes the three drop targets in the middle of the playfield, but when the third target was hit it never dropped and the other ones popped up instantly. This is not the case in a real machine as shown in this video. Notice how all of the targets are dropped for a bit before popping back up. I am not sure if the behavior happens in other tables as well, but it is something I would like to see corrected if they are going for realism.

That has to do with the actual scripting of the table and may or may not be fixed as FarSight is very close to getting the emulation working 100% on older Williams System MPUs. Once the emulation is done, FarSight looks to update all scripted Williams tables to full emulation.

Last edited:

Huffster

Jul 31, 2012
I just popped in my PHoF disc and the GOR and GAR targets behaves very closely to the real video and does not instantly pop up like in the new video. So after seeing both the real video and the PHoF behavior I agree it should be fixed. Maybe that was an older build in the new video though and it will be fixed by release.

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
Good catch, Turtle !! and yes, along with the MM flippers, it should be fixed... otherwise it's a pinball game with a pretty good engine based on tables that are kinda like the real ones...

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I just popped in my PHoF disc and the GOR and GAR targets behaves very closely to the real video and does not instantly pop up like in the new video. So after seeing both the real video and the PHoF behavior I agree it should be fixed. Maybe that was an older build in the new video though and it will be fixed by release.

The mobile versions still instantly pop up, so the initial console versions probably will too.

Huffster

Jul 31, 2012
You would think the new scripting would be based on the PHoF code and they would behave at least as accurate as that version. Well, if they are going to emulate the older Williams MPU's this will all be mute soon. It's just a matter of WHEN we get the emulated versions vs the scripted versions. 1st gotta wait for FarSight to finish the emulation code then gotta wait for MS to approve and actually release the updates. I guess it's back to the patience is a virtue routine. I'm happy to get the tables asap then then get an update with true emulation later.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Wow, if we really get this mid august, I will have a hard time deciding what table to play :D

And I have to say, this trailer is really well edited. The way it starts with the Gorgar heartbeat in the dark, and later transitions to MB and that cheesy Mummy line... This does a great job presenting these tables.

And Monster Bash just is too frustrating on my iPad... like CV, this is one of the tables that just NEEDS proper nudging controls (not to mention both really benefit from the lighting engine!).

Last edited:

Pinhead

Feb 29, 2012
Impressive! Unfortunately, never had the pleasure of playing the real Monster Bash, but ever since someone (here?) linked to the PAPA vids, I've been psyched up to play the virtual version.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
We have System 11 pretty much working. Doing older chips like System 6 shouldn't be too hard. Once we get that done Gorgar and Black Knight will behave like the real tables.

As for scripting, we use the same scripting as PHOF, however it's a different pinball framework, so it's quite possible some things work differently or get "broken".

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Nice to hear Mike, System 11 are some of my best pinball memories. Love Taxi! (And hoping for some F14, High Speed, Earthshaker, Diner announcements at some point in the future...amongst others)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.