Ball vanished

BrentMpls

Jul 9, 2012
I was playing tonight best game yet on this table and ran into a game halting bug.

While in the black hole play field I saw the ramp unlock then lock and my ball never came back. I called the attendant, tilted the table, nothing happened. I had to quit the game.

countcb

Jul 16, 2012
Maybe you'll find that ball in the theatre of magic? :D

Sorry for unhelpfull comment. But I couldn't resist. :rolleyes:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
They should look into using the attendant for missing balls. That would solve this problem. If you're not holding the flipper down and the machine does a search and still can't find the ball, then there's something wrong, and the attendant should fix it. Then again, it could be a problem with the emulation. I've had real machines do things like that. Of course, I'd just call an attendant, and they fixed it (or gave me my tokens back).

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
On black hole the key problem area is the lower playfield lock. Putting a ball into the lock is always a hazard, and it seems to be even more so if there's already a ball in there. I've lost count of the times I've had a game end because of that shot. It's not an ideal solution (since it's clearly a geometry bug) but avoiding the lower lock shot as much as possible helps to keep games going.

BrentMpls

Jul 9, 2012
They should look into using the attendant for missing balls. That would solve this problem. If you're not holding the flipper down and the machine does a search and still can't find the ball, then there's something wrong, and the attendant should fix it. Then again, it could be a problem with the emulation. I've had real machines do things like that. Of course, I'd just call an attendant, and they fixed it (or gave me my tokens back).

I agree calling the attendant should fix any issue, but alas... it just says ball is not stuck resuming play in 3...2...1... and... no ball still. Sad face.

BrentMpls

Jul 9, 2012
On black hole the key problem area is the lower playfield lock. Putting a ball into the lock is always a hazard, and it seems to be even more so if there's already a ball in there. I've lost count of the times I've had a game end because of that shot. It's not an ideal solution (since it's clearly a geometry bug) but avoiding the lower lock shot as much as possible helps to keep games going.

Yup, I think there were several in there already. Really stinks if it happens often.

Nobody escapes the black hole, indeed :(
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=307&picno=6600

Huffster

Jul 31, 2012
Maybe you'll find that ball in the theatre of magic?

Ha! Or all the missing/lost balls from every game we've ever played will show up via a Star Trek worm hole, when that table finally shows up. Hope they are not in companionship with the Borg.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
As mentioned in other threads, I've seen a bug a couple of times (on Android) in which the ball locks in the upper playfield lock and I don't get a new ball, which effectively halts the game. The locked ball hasn't disappeared, since I can see it in there. There's just no new ball. You can't see into the lower-playfield lock, so it's impossible to tell with that one.

The other day this happened to me on my best game ever, score above 800,000. No joy from the attendant.

(Call attendant recently worked for me the first time ever, with a stuck ball on Cirqus Voltaire. I was so excited!)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts