Thanks Farsight for all your hard work!

brad

Jun 23, 2012
Love the 4 new tables! Seems like the quality is just getting better with each pack!
Also going back and updating the old tables shows how much you guys are really trying to make this the next best thing to the real thing! Saw the video for pack 3 and cant wait as Monster Bash is my fav!
You guys should post preview videos on the xbox dashboard.

I'm confident the leaderboards will be up soon and the flipper gap in MM will be closed. (I'm loving the table anyway, a quick nudge keeps me alive).
In the mean time I'm definitely getting my monies worth.

So thanks to the farsight team for bringing these into my living room and onto my phone and tablet and for keeping us updated when things are off.

Huffster

Jul 31, 2012
Increment 1! Thank you! After some of the demoralizing Facebook posts, you guys need to know many of us appreciate your work and ongoing march toward your mission statement to make the best recreations possible.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
Bugs, problems, etc, TPA is awesome & cannot be beaten for value. 2 tables on IOS for £3? thats cheaper then 10 cigarettes, and less than a pint of lager! 2 tables on Xbox is about £2.50 shy of 20 cigarettes.

Is much as I moan about bugs, when comparing the price to real-world things (booze, cigs, kebab) it is very well priced.

I play TPA everyday on my iphone, ipad, xbox and have got more time out of it than 1000 cigarettes, 500 pints, 100 kebabs etc, :D

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Not only is TPA very well worth my money, but it´s also worth my time and attention. These days I have a very low tolerance to games that are wasting my time (grinding for stuff being the biggest offender, next to unskippable cutscenes). Pinball is one of these games where I enjoy every second I play.

It´s easy to moan about bugs, DLC delays, missing or broken features, but let´s step back for a second and see the big picture: That a small developer has actually had the guts, passion and patience to buy pinball machines, secure the licenses, recreate them, and publish them on as many gaming platforms as possible.

I mean, really, that´s not something you do to make a quick buck, especially these days, where the big money makers are F2P games with in-app purchases, social games, or hoping to cash in with the newest phone game fad (for example: a glorified version of Pictionary on smartphones being aquired for an absurd amount of money, only to almost completely fall off a cliff only weeks later).

Even when it comes to Pinball, why bother with all the work and headaches that comes with doing real, licensed tables? People want some "epic action" in their pinball, right? Who wants to bother with these ancient coin munchers with licenses for films that nobody cares for anymore?

Just the simple fact that TPA exists at all, as a concept, as a form to preserve pinball classics, to make them playable on your big screen, your tablet or even your phone continues to amaze me. Waiting a few months on the 360 DLC might drive you nuts when you´re checking every day, but in the grand scheme of things - a few years from now - it´s only a minor gripe.

The only thing that counts to me is that I get to live through a youth in the arcade I never had, but always wanted so badly. I get to play tables from one, two, three or four decades ago. I get to play machines that I would never see in real life where I live. It wouldn´t even be into pinball at all if I didn´t decide one day to give that one pinball game on my iPod Touch a shot, after being almost bored to tears with whatever free iOS crap I got earlier that day in the vain hope to relight my passion for games I had has a child.

Just being to able to sit on my couch and play some Creature with incredible detail makes me very happy. Being able to take a little break from my work and play some Cirqus Voltaire with its stunning lightshow is one of the coolest things ever.

These old machines are breaking, little by litte, each and every day. I love the guys at Farsight for giving me the chance to at least virtually experience these fantastic machines whereever I am, and for getting me interested in real life pinball as well. And just for some small change on top of that. I´m not generally spending a ton of money on stuff I don´t need, but believe me, I would be willing to pay a lot more for TPA if I had to. Chipping in on the TZ Kickstarter was an absolute no-brainer to me, even if I didn´t know anything about that game at the time.

Seriously, I don´t care if they mess up some leaderboards or whatever other feature I absolutely don´t care about for a few weeks. I´m just thankful to get to play virtual pinball, in a sea of brown, dull first person shooters, Facebook games and Kinect nonsense.

Last edited:

Judi Chop

May 10, 2012
Couldn't agree more mmmagnetic. TPA has been the introduction to pinball for me. Growing up there was never pinball tables around so i never had the chance to experience them. It worked the same for me, I happened to pick up TPA one day from the play store and its been history since. I've since been fortunate enough to find the Pinball Wizard in New Hampshire and Funspot also and have had the chance to play a good amount of these amazing tables. But to have it available every day has just been incredible. Farsight is really saving these incredible games for future generations to enjoy. I know I'm one of the lucky ones TPA has introduced pinball to and I hope there's many more people out there to follow. Keep it up Farsight, you guys rock!

eddiec

Apr 11, 2012
I also agree. The upgrades are great. The feel of the flippers and ball control has much improved. I got 6 billion on Bride of Pinbot on my third game. Theatre of Magic has better physics too. Thanks so much.

Don't let the ill-mannered griping on facebook get you down, you're doing a fine job. I can't wait for Twilight Zone later this year!

Fuzzini

Jul 3, 2012
I have to say thanks as well for the recent additions to the game as well as the revamp of the original tables. Really love what's been done MM and CV (MM's as realistic as I remember it being), and ToM feels just different enough to get me back to playing it regularly again. Now, I'm not as much of a stickler on some of the bugs that many of the others have mentioned, but right now TPA is the answer to my wish for a title that brings back the experience of playing these tables for the first time all over again. This is why this effort is so important from not just an entertainment standpoint, but a historical one.

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
I have hardly touched my xbox for a couple of months and been playing TPA on my Android Tab. Down loaded the new updates and the BoP pack last night on xbox and have to say wow they look great, I think I will now be putting a Lot of play time in on xbox again now(when i can get the TV off the Mrs watching the Olympics).
Have to give FARSIGHT a big Thank You that once again i can play Pinball tables that I loved to play back in the 80s/90s.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Well, I'm back after a long hiatus, so happy to see the DLC finally out for the 360,

I haven't played TPA in around a month and a half due to being busy with work and trying to start a photography portfolio. Consequently, my 360 hasn't been on in as much time. I just purchased DLC pack 2 and will download pack 3 shortly (need more points).

I've been saving these points sine TPA released. I am excited to finally play MM on my 360 and BoP also, as, thanks to Farsight, it has also become a favorite of mine, that also without FS, I would never had played it.

Thank you Farsight for doing everything to the best of your abilities. For giving us a product that we can proudly exchange our money for. For delivering a product that you can rightly claim is high quality and high value.

Gordon

May 28, 2012
Yes i say thanks FS for a wonderful grafik, sound and gameplay on tables and for the fantastic support.

I hope you work on a update for MM flipper gap problem.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
It's nice to see the XBox brothers getting some pinball love. A little patience is all that's required.

@ Mr. mmMagnetic: Stop making so much sense.

karl

May 10, 2012
mmmagnetic, have you been inside my mind? Exactly the way I feel. What a perfect description of what Arcade Pinball has done to my life. Some people seem to care more about little details and leader boards than the fun factor this simulator brings.
Yes, there are bugs. There is bound to be when you deliver new tables as frequently as Farsight. If some of you think they release the tables to quick, just don't download them for a month or 2(by then the bugs will be ironed out) if this is such a big problem to you. The only time I had a game breaking problem so far was the first launch of CV on IOS with all the balls getting stuck in the plunger. The solution was really simple. Just play all the other tables while they get a chance to fix it (and that problem got fixed in no time). To me this simulation is the best thing that has happened to any game platform in 10 years (or more). Farsight, I sincerely hope I get to spend many years in your wonderful company. Much love and admiration (yes I am a fanboy and proud of it:cool: )

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
When PHOF came out for 360 a couple of years back i was absolutely entranced by the possibilities. Being an retro game enthusiast, pinball has always been missing from the emulation scene. (i'm aware of virtual pinball). Having played most of these tables back in the day, the simulation is as close as you can get to the real thing.

Now that we have Pinball Arcade, these tables will live on forever with (hopefully) many more DLC releases in the future. I have all the tables in IOS and will probably also get them for 360 at some point. Farsight will have a customer for as long as this project continues. Great work!

MichRX7

Aug 2, 2012
It is so great to have actual pinball tables on my Xbox that if Microsoft and Farsight could setup an automatic checking deduction and Xbox delivery system I would be first in line.

Nice work to all at Farsight. I eagerly await DLC pack #3 (and 4,5,6,7,8,9, hopefully you get the point!)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts