Joust sound effects

David Smith

Feb 28, 2012
Anyone else noticed that Gorgar shares several sound effects with the video game Joust? (Especially noticeable during the bonus countdown.) Do other tables of the era also "borrow" sounds from other games?

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Joust, Robotron, Blaster, Firepower, Gorgar. All share stuff. Fortunately, they all sound cool.

an ox

May 28, 2012
Not surprising as God Himself (aka Eugene Jarvis) created the sound effects on Gorgar and then went on to create some of the finest videogames ever made, ever, in the whole Universe, ever!

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
It's still my belief that Robotron:2084 is the greatest game ever made. Yes, even better than Hungry Hungry Hippos.

FurVid

Feb 20, 2012
Not surprising as God Himself (aka Eugene Jarvis) created the sound effects on Gorgar and then went on to create some of the finest videogames ever made, ever, in the whole Universe, ever!

Some of yours rate up there too, of course. Anyone that loves these classics and has an iOS device needs to download the Llamasoft games - my favorites are Minotaur Rescue and Gridrunner, but they're all great. About the only things I play on the iPad besides TPA - like being back in the 80s arcades.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Some of yours rate up there too, of course. Anyone that loves these classics and has an iOS device needs to download the Llamasoft games - my favorites are Minotaur Rescue and Gridrunner, but they're all great. About the only things I play on the iPad besides TPA - like being back in the 80s arcades.

Oh wow! I had no idea Mr. Minter was in our midst. It's an honor sir. Big fan.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.