Bug Android Version 1.4.2 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
What would be the 1.0.11 version of the app has been released to Google Play.

Let's load up the thread with bug observations. Be as detailed as possible when you observe something. The devil is in the detail sometimes ;)

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
From now on I will increment the x in 1.x.1 for each table pack, and then the minor number for patches. Thanks guys! =D

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Thanks Ryan. PIN_WIZ, Gord, please feel free to edit the title of this post to reflect the version number if necessary.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
From now on I will increment the x in 1.x.1 for each table pack, and then the minor number for patches. Thanks guys! =D

Awesome Ryan. Thanks for taking this number format on board. I think it will be a great way of easily identifying builds moving forward.

N

Nik Barbour

Hey Ryan,

Google Play is filtering my device again.

I normally modify my build.prop file and fake another device type to get round the problem, but I don't know if Google are tightening up on this or something, as I had a nightmare getting last nights update to register on my droid.

I tried 7 different build.prop versions in the end, and was about to give up and live with the beta .apk, when I faked a Nexus 7 and it worked!

Would there be any possibility, you could post the finished "market release" .apk somewhere on a thread as a direct download, same as you currently do with beta .apk''s?
This would make my life so much easier, when updates are released.

Thanks (new log-in is much improved BTW)!

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I saw a variant of the "lost ball, call attendant doesn't work" bug in Black Hole: ball locked in the upper-level capture hole, no new ball at the plunger, call attendant doesn't work.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Nik, I can do that for ya no problem, though currently the last build I posted a link to is unchanged from the market one.

N

Nik Barbour

Nik, I can do that for ya no problem, though currently the last build I posted a link to is unchanged from the market one.

Thanks Ryan - I'd really appreciate that.
I've got 1.4.2 eventually, but going forwards, if you wouldn't mind, that would be great!
Hope you have a great weekend!

Wolis

Jul 12, 2012
Black Knight was an Insta-buy for me.

I played it many many times in the 80s and have a fair recollection of game play.

Strange behaviour in the Pinball Arcade Android version:

1) plunge ball as hard as you can
2) quickly hold right flipper up
3) ball bounces off right flipper to left flipper
4) ball hits some magical spot at base of left flipper causing it to roll right!?! (not continue left and bounce) down left flipper quickly (sometimes ignoring my left flipper press) and down to bottom flippers.

In the physical version of this game the ball would bounce left and can eventually roll left half-way up the left ramp.

Please can either the point where the ball initially enters the table be modified or the pint where the ball hits it be modified?

Thanks

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Passing this on to Bobby and Mike (Bobby does the tuning and Mike is the core game play engineer) and we will see what we can do. Thanks for the feedback!

Black Knight was an Insta-buy for me.

I played it many many times in the 80s and have a fair recollection of game play.

Strange behaviour in the Pinball Arcade Android version:

1) plunge ball as hard as you can
2) quickly hold right flipper up
3) ball bounces off right flipper to left flipper
4) ball hits some magical spot at base of left flipper causing it to roll right!?! (not continue left and bounce) down left flipper quickly (sometimes ignoring my left flipper press) and down to bottom flippers.

In the physical version of this game the ball would bounce left and can eventually roll left half-way up the left ramp.

Please can either the point where the ball initially enters the table be modified or the pint where the ball hits it be modified?

Thanks

mortuus

Aug 7, 2012
I dont like the new login, now everytim you want see the leaderboards you have to manually type in your email and password, cant you get a option to remember me and why get rid of facebook fully for that want use that?

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
shouldn't have to with the new update (1.4.2) this update was made specifically to fix that bug, seems to work for everyone so far, let me know if you updated and it does not work properly.

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
The problem that I am seeing with the andoid version Black Knight is that the ball seems to drain right away when entering multiball. The only way that I can save it is to nudge the table when the ball comes down. Is the real table this bad with the multiball or is there just a bug with the way the balls are coming out for multiball?

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
The real table is pretty rough but we can look into that, that is also a tuning issue.

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
The real table is pretty rough but we can look into that, that is also a tuning issue.

Thank you very much. I really want to enjoy this table as much as I have all of the other tables that have been released so far. Keep up the awesome work you are all doing!

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
The problem that I am seeing with the andoid version Black Knight is that the ball seems to drain right away when entering multiball. The only way that I can save it is to nudge the table when the ball comes down. Is the real table this bad with the multiball or is there just a bug with the way the balls are coming out for multiball?

Yep, if you let the balls drain passively from the upper-playfield, the return angle down the ramp will give you a STDM pretty much every time.

However I think the gameplay strategy with this table is to keep the ball in the upper playfield as much as you can during play. That is how I'm posting 2M + scores on the table.

N

Nik Barbour

Still getting this glitch:- Landscape play speed sporadically goes x2 (twice as fast as should be - super powerball).

I generally play portrait, but if I have no bluetooth controller I've started flipping to landscape (especially since I got my xbox and got used to its landscape view).

Before the texture option was put in, I was getting GPU maxout on FH & BOP, but the result of that happening, was the framerate dropped to half speed, but general play speed was not affected.
This looks totally different visually. Its like someone hits an invisible fast forward button (game speed increases dramatically) and frame rate drops massively (CFTBL right hand loop shot can be done in as little as 8 frames). But it only lasts for a split second.

It only happens in Landscape - Portrait Play is perfectly fine.

Is this GPU max out again? - just confused as it looks different to last time!

Things that increase the likelihood of this happening:-

It's most noticable in Funhouse & CFTBL. But happens in all tables.

Triggered more often with textures on high. But does also happen on normal.

Camera angle 4 seems to be worse than other angles.

Generally happens when ball is on a Habitrail or a ramp (worst ramp for this is CFTBL)

Portrait speeds are all perfect - no faults in portrait.​

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Not sure what that might be Nik, nothing has changed really that would effect that. I will do some profiling to see if I can see anything different.

Also, just to let you guys know, I will be posting a beta build most likely monday with the two new tables running to let you guys check it out. Harley and taxi are in and running well. Stay tuned!

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
Smart, I never got to try Harley in the arcades so will be able to play it in TPA. Not only does TPA give you the chance to relive playing the tables that you used to play for real but you also get to play tables that you never got the chance to play. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.