Goal For Future DLC Acheivements

What goal should be completed to unlock the achievement for new DLC tables?

• Top 5 High-Score

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Complete Standard Goals

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Complete Wizard Goals

Votes: 37 69.8%
  • Other (Please Specify in Post)

Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Due to the fact that FS will only be able to include 1 achievement due to Microsoft's policies, what do you want to be completed in order for it to be unlocked? I think that in future tables, it should be unlocked by completing all of the Wizard goals so that there actually is a challenge in completing it. As it stands now, I feel the achievements are worthless since all you need to do is get a high score.

Note: This topic is not intended to discuss Microsoft's achievement policies.

Pinhead

Feb 29, 2012
IMHO, I feel standard goals are the best compromise.

Requiring enough skill that they don't feel complimentary (or insulting), but also not so daunting that they discourage casual players (and gamerscore addicts ;)).

Last edited:

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
well, apart from one standard goal on ToTAN, I think most standard goals can be achieved accidentally almost during normal gameplay, negating pretty much any level of skill.

SteelOak

Jul 24, 2012
IMHO, I feel standard goals are the best compromise.

Requiring enough skill that they don't feel complimentary (or insulting), but also not so daunting that they discourage casual players (and gamerscore addicts ;)).

Ditto

DH_Kevin77

Jul 28, 2012
well, apart from one standard goal on ToTAN, I think most standard goals can be achieved accidentally almost during normal gameplay, negating pretty much any level of skill.

I agree, I got almost all of the standard goals for the dlc on the first few plays on each table.

Pinhead

Feb 29, 2012
Even though I think Standard Goals are the way to go, I'd personally prefer Wizard. I love a challenge and don't care about achievement completion. I was considering the average gamer, which I figure FS did with theiir high score achievements.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012

Ditto.

Unlocking the achievement on completion of standard goals pleases nobody. Pinball fans will want to show off their ability to complete the real goals, and achievement whores will want the quickest and easiest gamerscore possible. Which group FarSight most wants to please is up to them.

pghjerry

Aug 1, 2012
I vote for "complete at least 4 wizard goals". There's always one that I can never get on each table.

Last edited:

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
Then why do you feel like you deserve the achievement? :confused:

exactly... it's all or nothing... almost completing a set of predetermined goals, actually achieves nothing... there's always a goal or 2 that will give us trouble, but that's the challenge, that's the pure replayability of the game. And when you finally, FINALLY crack that last goal on a table and get the message saying you've completed them and can turn off the tilt, it does actually feel like an achievement in and of itself.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
True most of the time, but occasionally, they put a ridiculously hard goal, such as activate Harem Multiball, on the Standard Goals. That's far harder than any Wizard Goal.
Another reason to have it be Wizard Goals is that it takes a while to achieve it, so there's a greater change we won't have to delete are local profiles when the DLC and updates are released.

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
activate Harem Multiball, on the Standard Goals

yes, that's what I alluded to in my post before. I personally think they have the "Earn Extra Ball" and "Activate Harem Multiball" bassakwards in the goals... extra ball being fairly simple either through 8M, 6 Tiger Loops, after gaining 4 jewels or from the bazaar. For some reason, hitting that loop on the right seems 1000% easier than hitting the loop on the left, so extra balls are easily obtained.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
exactly... it's all or nothing... almost completing a set of predetermined goals, actually achieves nothing... there's always a goal or 2 that will give us trouble, but that's the challenge, that's the pure replayability of the game. And when you finally, FINALLY crack that last goal on a table and get the message saying you've completed them and can turn off the tilt, it does actually feel like an achievement in and of itself.
Would feel like more of a victory if they gave us something better than the ability to turn off tilt. With the already generous tilt, it's hardly necessary to disable it further, unless you want to fool around and nudge the thing all the time.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Some sort of tournament mode, as has been asked for already, with no extra balls and a seperate leaderboard would be nice. But first things first: no need for new features until we have the flow of tables going more smoothly, no need to introduce more variables into that equasion.

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
Would feel like more of a victory if they gave us something better than the ability to turn off tilt.

I agree. I know this is going away from how the tables actually work, but what about a mode whereby if you match numbers at the end of the game, you get another ball ? Not a whole 3 ball credit, just another ball. Then, as in a lot of arcade games when you hit continue, the machine add a "1" at the end of the score to indicate that you've got this treat ? I'm not seriously suggesting it's implementation, but it'd make the number matching actually exciting if you've earned it.

pinbot-76

Jul 11, 2012
Wizard goals for sure. I don't mind if I can't achieve all the goals and it gives me something to actually shoot for.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Complete Wizard Goals.

The only caveat is that if we ever get tables with nearly impossible to activate wizard modes (like LOTR's Valinor Multiball) that those modes should not be part of the Wizard Goals. In my mind, RBION's Atlantis and MM's Battle for the Kingdom goals are probably the upper limit on difficulty for a wizard goal. Maybe create a third tier of goals (without a formal achievement) for the really hardcore types who want to challenge themselves.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Thanks everyone for participating in this poll. Hopefully this topic will have some influence in the achievements for future DLC.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts